Random Acts of Kindness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A HUGE thank you to @lmcgown . I had posted about needing two 2020 Topps Heritage Hi # inserts and he said he had them. When they arrived they were accompanied by a slew of other cards hitting my (pretty narrow) want lists. Unbelievably generous and thoughtful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

A HUGE thank you to my fellow Big Ten alum Kevin (KCLJ520) for a major surprise that came in the mail today! This PM there was a manilla envolope at my doorstep. Inside were 2 autographed 8 X 10s of two old school NBAers Tommy Heinsohn and Tiny Nate Archibald! Holy crap!!!!! I was not expecting those to be in there! The Heinsohn was a black and white with he and Red Auerbach prominatly shown in the background. The Tiny Nate was a beautiful color pic of him with the Celtics. These two items will go right into my PC.

Thanks again Kevin! There was no need to return any favors. You totally outkicked the coverage with what you sent me.

As far as what Big Ten Schools Kevin and I graduated from, I'll just say that Kevin graduated from one that was not mired in a nationally known sex scandal and i...........well.....graduated from one that was. That leasves the possibility of 12 schools for Kevin and well........ just two for me. UGH.

Thanks again Kevin!!

A HUGE thank you to my fellow Big Ten alum Kevin (KCLJ520) for a major surprise that came in the mail today! This PM there was a manilla envolope at my doorstep. Inside were 2 autographed 8 X 10s of two old school NBAers Tommy Heinsohn and Tiny Nate Archibald! Holy crap!!!!! I was not expecting those to be in there! The Heinsohn was a black and white with he and Red Auerbach prominatly shown in the background. The Tiny Nate was a beautiful color pic of him with the Celtics. These two items will go right into my PC.

Thanks again Kevin! There was no need to return any favors. You totally outkicked the coverage with what you sent me.

As far as what Big Ten Schools Kevin and I graduated from, I'll just say that Kevin graduated from one that was not mired in a nationally known sex scandal and i...........well.....graduated from one that was. That leasves the possibility of 12 schools for Kevin and well........ just two for me. UGH.

Thanks again Kevin!!

I am so glad you enjoyed, Jeff! Knew those two had to go to you!!

If anyone was interested in further harrowing down my alma mater, i will give the hint that we were ready to make a great March Madness tournament run and got knocked off by a team backed by a 101 year old nun!!

Blessings,

Kevin

I am so glad you enjoyed, Jeff! Knew those two had to go to you!!

If anyone was interested in further harrowing down my alma mater, i will give the hint that we were ready to make a great March Madness tournament run and got knocked off by a team backed by a 101 year old nun!!

Blessings,

Kevin
I saw that. To make matters worse they lost to an instate school. At least you did not lose in the Play In round like my school dod.

Am I remembering correctly that your mom went to Loyola and the now 101 year old nun was the head of her dorm?

I saw that. To make matters worse they lost to an instate school. At least you did not lose in the Play In round like my school dod.

Am I remembering correctly that your mom went to Loyola and the now 101 year old nun was the head of her dorm?
@SymphonicMetal

GREAT memory!! Yes, entirely true. Sister Jean has been there longer than most of the buildings on campus!!

@SymphonicMetal

Mom was born in 1953, so would have been at Loyola 1971-1975, so if Sister Jean is now 101, she would have been about 50 or 51 in 1971, so you are pretty spot on, my friend! She was just a young pup in those days!!

Every time I see the clergy obituaries in our Diocese newsletter, they say something like "Sister Mary Kathleen passed away, aged 104. Sister took her first vows in 1937...." I always tell my wife that if a person wishes to live a very long life, just join the convent, I suppose!!