Recent Pick ups JANUARY Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks21

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Here are two that took forever to cross off my Paul O'neill list:
1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve #118 046/100

Thanks to the Bench for hekping me figure out the serial numbers on this one:

1998 Leaf Fractal Materials Die Cuts #118 PX 0048/3250

ponumbered.jpg

A friend of mine was on his way back from a hunting trip and stopped in a NY airport. Even though he is a huge Red Sox fan he knew I would never shut up if he did not get me an auto of Yankees GM Brian Cashman. This was a day or two after Lee went to the Phillies too.
apickup4.jpg

Next is not pictured but it is a Program from a charity Basketball game played by the 1989 Reds in Ohio. Program has some real young looking players O’neill, E. Davis, and more. Sabo looks like he is ten years old. Also inside was two loose autos of O’neill and Joe Oliver.

My 1st item from the Topps Vault, 1996 Topps Gallery Proof Cards of Paul O Neill
apickup9.jpg

I am not sure what I have here if in fact it is anything at all. I stumbled on a web site selling older vintage stuff. He had some O’neill stuff too. It was described as a 1990 Donruss blue paper proof card and it came in the original envelope. To me it looks like someone made a blue copy of a Donruss card. The back is blank. The card is paper and not even cut very well and has wrinkles. I still had to own it even if I got scammed.
apickup6.jpg

2003 Topps Tribute O’neill Sabo E. Davis
This one was tough. I would always get outbid on this one!
2007 SP Legendary Cuts O’neill I have this one already but had to get the 001/
A great trade from right here at the Bench Thanks gwynn_fan
apickup2.jpg

1948 Leaf #14 Billy Johnson (Thought I had this one already but could not find it) Figure two is good, lol
apickup3.jpg

1999 Flair Legacy Andy Pettitte #’d 46/99 (His Jersey number)
apickup1.jpg

1999 Topps Gallery Yellow Printing Plate of Bernie Williams. Love scooping these plated up during his playing years!
apickup8.jpg

Grabbed this at a show today, A Spud Chandler autograph. Could not pass it up. After all most of his career he wore number 21 like another Yankee I like.
apickup5.jpg

Also got this at a show today. I have an O’neill from 99 like it and thought these are cool. They have a Pettitte studio card right inside. I like the odd stuff
apickup7.jpg

awesome stuff guys. I dont have a scanner but i have been picking up a lot of 1949 bowman stuff

allie reynolds
virgil stallcup

just to name a few

Kevin,

You are probably close enough to visit the place, but I googled the address, as the name didn't bring much. Looks like 116 Nassau St in NY was a photography studio for quite some time. I found a site highlighting a collection of photos by Morris Rosenfeld and his sons. Looks like he and his sons operated a studio for many years, and most recently under the name M. Rosenfeld and Sons in 1981, when it closed. The collection mentions photos stamped with that address, so I assume it was their studio for a while.

https://www.rosenfeldcollection.com...e&page_id=DB6DF305-65B8-D398-7846CA212AAEFFCF

I am guessing E. Strauss may have taken over from a previous tenant, possibly Rosenfeld himself and subsequently passed it along to newer tenants.

Looks like this is the firm currently residing at that location:

EQUITABLE BLUEPRINT & PHOTOPRINT INC
116 Nassau St
New York , NY 10038

I am guessing your item was probably something E. Strauss was printing or reviewing for Donruss at the time, although Topps would have made a more likely client, being in NY themselves with Donruss being in Memphis, TN at the time.

I have seen blue paper proofs before, Fleer stickers and stamps, if I remember correctly. Interesting that these two companies would come up in this same subject. Fleer was in Philly.

I am not sure what I have here if in fact it is anything at all. I stumbled on a web site selling older vintage stuff. He had some O’neill stuff too. It was described as a 1990 Donruss blue paper proof card and it came in the original envelope. To me it looks like someone made a blue copy of a Donruss card. The back is blank. The card is paper and not even cut very well and has wrinkles. I still had to own it even if I got scammed.
apickup6.jpg

Mopar, wow I never would have thought to look into the address. Interesting stuff. Who knows what I have. It is in the collection now. Thanks for looking for me.

Don't have scans but picked up 3 more Jesus Montero autos
08 Sterling, 08 Threads, and 10 Platinum Refractor redemeption and a Sage Garret Graham auto /400..

Chris

I got this one in today. Man this baby is razor sharp. Too bad it is so off center. I like it and it fits well with my Yogi cards!
yogi.jpg

Picked up a 7 card lot of Angels autographs:
1990 Topps Dante Bichette
1988 Topps Johnny Ray
1988 Topps Darrell Miller
1977 Topps Dick Drago
1971 Topps Gerry Moses
1970 Topps Jim Spencer (d.2002)
1990 Donruss Bert Blyleven

picked the lot up for $10.95. Figured a HOF'er, 4 other all stars, and 2 more autos for $1.60 each was a fair add to the collection.

Been awhile since I posted my pickups. These are pretty much all from New Year's forward:
JohnsonMagic004.jpg

BirdLarry001.jpg

WadeDwyane002.jpg

MaloneKarl003.jpg

GwynnTony0014.jpg

GwynnTony0015.jpg

GwynnTony0016.jpg

GwynnTony0017.jpg

GwynnTony0018.jpg

GwynnTony0019.jpg

:D
Jason