Recent Pickup Thread December 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lprimus

MVP
5.00 star(s)
New thread for December.

Here's yesterday's arrival for me:
WaltonLuke0066.jpg

WaltonLuke0066.jpg

:D
Jason

I have been looking for this card for 14 years. It finally made its way to my collection.
1995 Ultra Gold Medallion On-Base Leader
pogoldmed.jpg
My 2nd version numbered to his Jersey number 21/99. One more version to find:
pogameu.jpg
Mo Swatch /25
mopatch.jpg

I've been on a little hiatus from collecting (and blogging) as of late, but just got back into things with this card (numbered 43/50):

cupenshrinements.jpg

these low # cards are just hard to come by...figure of all the unboxed stuff out there it's a good chance a lot of these just sit in boxes unopened for god knows how long...

was very happy to pick this one up:

09ToppsMayoSilk.jpg

and if anyone wonders what the backs of these look like, not much to them:

09ToppsMayoSilkBack.jpg

Got these for $10.90 dlvd and they BV for 48 with the /150 N/A still, have the Sweet Shot one already but now I have it in red and white
Shaq12-4.jpg

Triple Play!

Decent, but nothing special. Have several autos already...Lefty Grove:
PC070003.jpg

Getting a little more exciting, Sam Rice. Still, had one already:
PC070002.jpg

The reason for my post. A huge hole filled! Not only a HOFer I still needed, but a 3000 Hit member AND Brooklyn Dodger (yeah, I know you Buc fans see it another way) that has eluded me until now. BIG POISON!

PC070001.jpg

Only 6 more for the set of 65, which will cost me around $4000. Unless I get really lucky and pull them from packs. This one I put an extra $100 on my top bid because the one before it went for around $180. I was happy to get it for $100 shipped.

The scan is not clipped on the left, he did go off the card with the pen.

PL.jpg

Some of the stuff I have picked up 11/20 - now, I am just getting caught up after thanksgiving. Silly Holidays :)
03FleerAuthentixGameoftheeekJerseys.jpg
03FleerAuthentixGameoftheeekJerseys.jpg
08UpperDeckSpectrumSwatchesPurple.jpg
05PrimePatchesPastandPresentJerseys.jpg
08UpperDeckHeroesJerseyEmerald.jpg
1996 Liberty Sports Maddux, Has a little "chipping" on card face, was happy to finally have one for the collection though
1996LibertySportsMaddux.jpg
2008FinestRefractorsGold.jpg

Finally got a Larry Bird Auto today...I've been after one for a while at a good price...got this one on a best offer for $40...was very happy with that price since it's a clean looking card even though its a sticker auto...the card looks even better in person and it's clean enough to get graded later if I want...so...very happy with it:

LarryBirdAuto.jpg

Finally got a Larry Bird Auto today...I've been after one for a while at a good price...got this one on a best offer for $40...was very happy with that price since it's a clean looking card even though its a sticker auto...the card looks even better in person and it's clean enough to get graded later if I want...so...very happy with it:

LarryBirdAuto.jpg

Very nice! And, that's a great price! Congrats!

Jason

as part of the pickup of a bunch of different cub autos I thought I would share these 2
cubswin1.jpg

murcer.jpg

I am debating cutting these up to make team displays for my house. I have almost the entire 1978 cubs roster as wella s a good chunk of 1977

Other Players/coaches include: Mike Adams, Joey Amalifitano, Larry Bittner, Tim Blackwell, Pete Broberg, Bill Buckner, Ray Burris, Bill Caudill, Gene Clines, Larry Cox, Hector Cruz, Ivan Dejesus, Herman Franks, Woodie Fryman, Dave Geisel, Mike Gordon, Greg Gross, Willie Hernandez, Mick Kelleher, Dave Kingman, Mike Krukow, Dennis Lamp, Harry "pnuts" lowery, Rudy Meoli, Donnie Moore, Steve Ontiveros, Dave Rader, Rick Reuschel, Paul Reuschel, Mike Roarke, Dave Roberts, Cookie Rojas, Manny Seone, Mike Sember, Manny Trillo and Joe Wallis

Status
Not open for further replies.