Recent Pickup Thread - June

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lprimus

MVP
5.00 star(s)
How come I don't see as many posts nowadays for recent pickups? ;)

Here's what I got in the mail yesterday:
ManningEli0001.jpg

:D
Jason

Bought the card 4 pm Friday and got it in hand today!

GoldFront.jpgGoldBack.jpg

O'Neill wasn't in the Crusade set but this rainbow is just as shiny (if not more) and equally hard to complete in my opinion.

brilliantrainbow.jpg

How come I don't see as many posts nowadays for recent pickups? ;)

Here's what I got in the mail yesterday:
ManningEli0001.jpg

Jason
Well that fits nicely into two collections! Cool! :D

Bought the card 4 pm Friday and got it in hand today!

GoldFront.jpgGoldBack.jpg

O'Neill wasn't in the Crusade set but this rainbow is just as shiny (if not more) and equally hard to complete in my opinion.

brilliantrainbow.jpg
Those 24K golds are near-impossible to find. Way to go Ravi.

robert326 - Thanks Rob! I was able to land this one at a fair price, it probably would have gone much higher at auction. You probably know but Burbank has 24-Karats available of a few of your guys.

lprimus - It's nice to see you at it again. Good luck with your new collection.

robert326 - Thanks Rob! I was able to land this one at a fair price, it probably would have gone much higher at auction. You probably know but Burbank has 24-Karats available of a few of your guys.

Yep so true...and Burbank...yes I'm sure they do lol...I haven't done any business with them because I haven't wanted any card "badly" enough to pay their prices. Maybe someday I'll land the Green and Kapler 24-Karat golds, but until then...it's just one card. ;) I can live without it.

Hopefully sometime this summer, I'll update my site and get back into player collecting again. I've "paused" on my player collections for now, but am not selling/trading them because I plan to pick them back up soon.

Right now, I've been dabbling mostly into bargain autos ($1-4) and trying to build a Mets/Brooklyn Dodgers auto collection. I'll post some pics here soon.

Thank you sir! It's great to be back! ;)

Jason

here's my last couple of days mail:
3 for the set I am working on:
0609spx.jpg

and a reasonably priced 9.5 of a future famer(18 9.5s with no 10s)
edge95.jpg

I just picked up a 08 LEG CUTS DEREK JETER + DON MATTINGLY DUAL JERSEY
no pick yet sorry

Recent pickups from the past few weeks for the PC. Got 26 new bagwells, just showing some of the highlights:

card139.jpg
card138.jpg

card137.jpg
card133.jpg
card140.jpg
card136.jpg
card135.jpg
And this tough parallel:
card134.jpg
98 Sports Illustrated World series Fever Extra Edition /98

Also picked this up as part of a lot with one of the bagwells i needed. I've always wanted one of these:
card128.jpg

Thanks for looking
Dan

Last edited:
I picked these up, nothing to special but they mean something to me for one reason or another.

061220107.jpg
[/IMG]
1991 Leaf Gold Rookies Ryan Klesko GAI

061220105.jpg
[/IMG]
2004 UD USA Baseball 25th Anniversary Signatures Michael Tucker

0529020105.jpg
[/IMG]
2004 UD USA Baseball 25th Anniversary Signatures Andy Benes

06062010.jpg
[/IMG]
2006 UD Game Jersey Mike Mussina

God bless,
Dewayne

MrBlackisBack - Sweet Nomars! I've enjoyed seeing all your pickups over the years. Good luck with reaching 60%.

rl16 - Nice 1/1!

Here is mine....have wanted this for a loooong time. Very happy with the price.

pon19992b.jpg

MrBlackisBack, Those two autos go good together!

rl16, those are tough

Man Ravi, no one is happier than me that that card is in your collection, pressure is off me now. Keep an eye on your mail. That package I sent you is oversized.

I grabbed this sealed cello in a small store in the area. Goose is a HOF now, thought it was a cool sealed item:
goose.jpg

Havent posted anything in a long time- so heres some random pickups from my various collections

Ive been getting TTM autos from players still alive who are in the 1955 Bowman baseball set- Im up to 40 signed ones with another 20 or so in the mail. This was the first purchased card for me- but it fits in nicely with 3 of my auto collections- 55 Bowman, Heisman Winner autos and College Football Hall of Fame Autos- so I couldnt pass it up
JanowiczVic.jpg

Lots of new Brauns in- heres one of my favorite new ones
2007ExquisiteCollectionRookieSig-7.jpg

27-RedGrange.jpg

2005TAAChromeAutoDanFouts.jpg

2005TAAChromeAutoMarkMay.jpg

2005TAAChromeAutoLawrenceTaylor.jpg