Recent Pickup Thread October 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hendridkson50.jpg

These were in my mailbox today when I got home:

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Thanks for looking. Great cards this month, espically the Brauns. You're not leaving anything for the rest of us! :D

Frank

Normally I'd be proud to share a nice score. In this case, I am a little embarrassed. I was driving home and was later than expected, so at the stoplights, I was trying to check ebay. I bid on a 1933 Goudey Bill Dickey card from a seller I like to buy from and thought I had logged in my $45 bid no problem. The card was decent w/o major flaws and I figured I'd probably lose at that bid amount, but it was worth a shot.

When I got home and checked, it turned out I had won! I was pretty happy until I looked at the price...$71! Not sure what my max bid was, but it obviously was NOT $45! Glad it didn't go any higher...would have sucked if my max turned out to be $450 or something like that and someone else really wanted this card!

OOOPS!

3 nice additions to the 2005 TAA Chrome auto collection

Another upgrade to the Heisman auto collection as well
2005TAAChromeAutoMikeRozier.jpg
[/IMG]
2005TAAChromeAutoKeithByars.jpg
[/IMG]
2005TAAChromeAutoEdMarinaro.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been picking up a few nice Chippers lately. All of these came from The Bench. :)

04 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Stat /45
Chipper_Certified_GU030.jpg

03 Bowman Heritage Diamond Cuts Red Bat /56
Chipper_DiamondCuts031.jpg

05 Ultimate Collection Sluggers Materials /20
Chipper_Ultimate_GU029.jpg

09 Upper Deck X Yellow Press Plate 1/1
Chipper_UD_X_Y_Plate028.jpg

got this lot of vintage boxing in, I know many arent in the best of condition but most are 100 years old so I think I did alright for what I paid - thanks, erik

scan0025-1.jpg

scan0026.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.