Recent Pickups - January

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

And the Lankford collection gets even more impressive:) If I found 9 1/1's at a show I would be doing the happy dance for days!

I love these threads! Those Maddux's are killer, as well as those Gehrig game-used. You guys all have amazing stuff! Here are my top 3 so far this month: a Jackson for my set, my second Davis, and my best Lincy

2b875d9d.jpg

a07e790a.jpg

bbc60225.jpg

That is a nice group of cards too!

These are the highlights of my week:

012120123.jpg

012120122.jpg

This one was key! It is a $600 SP for my set. Down to five wants for the set.

Dewayne

6th press plate and 9th 1/1 for Jason Giambi since I restarted the collection back in November:
GiambiJason0034a.jpg

GiambiJason0034b.jpg

Plus some new additions to the start of my new Randy Couture collection:
CoutureRandy0001.jpg
CoutureRandy0002.jpg

:D
Jason

Last edited:
rl16 - Insane Lankford haul! THE sickest mailday/card show finds I've ever seen for a player collector. :eek:

Andy Pettitte Autographed 1993 Bowman RC (JSA Certified!)
4204.jpg
4204a.jpg

why yes Ill be at the show on saturday.. with something for you ..and no, i am not telling :)

Ack! I can't be there Saturday, thus why I'm going on Sunday! I have my last test to take for my Master's degree on Saturday. If you're going to be there Sunday, I'll try to find out what time we'll be there.

Jason

For early 1/1s like that, I would think they would be even more than $25 each. I'd be LUCKY to get a Garvey 1/1 these days for $25. That was an unbeatable find. Any neat news on the seller or was it a middle man moving them? I imagine the original seller, if not the person you got them from, must have had a very nice Lankford collection to compile those.

Of course, I am assuming they were all owned by the same person at the same time too, which might not e the case.

I had a great find at the Cardinals Winter Warm Up on Saturday. I was able to buy 9 different Lankford 1/1s for $110 total. I could not believe I got them that cheap. Here they are

Doubt I will ever have another find like these. I was expecting to pay at least $25 each.

Ray

The dealer I bought them from said he traded for them. He did not say when, but I doubt it was that day since the doors opened at 9 and I was there by 10:30. He did not say who he bought them from, but I did give him my email and told him if he every found any rare Lankfords to keep me in mind. He was a very nice guy and could tell I was going to buy regardless of price. He even knocked off $10 from his first price since I took them all. Proof there are still nice guys in the hobby.

Ray

The dealer I bought them from said he traded for them. He did not say when, but I doubt it was that day since the doors opened at 9 and I was there by 10:30. He did not say who he bought them from, but I did give him my email and told him if he every found any rare Lankfords to keep me in mind. He was a very nice guy and could tell I was going to buy regardless of price. He even knocked off $10 from his first price since I took them all. Proof there are still nice guys in the hobby.

Ray

That's great to hear that there are still sellers like that!

Jason

Got this one in the mail yesterday:

weeksgoldauto.jpg

2011 Bowman Sterling Gold Refractor Auto/50 RC Jemile Weeks, BV $120

This goes well with the regular auto and Refractor auto/199 versions I have already picked up. I broke my normal practice of waiting until the new set hype dies down before buying Jemile Weeks cards from Bowman Sterling. Considering this is his only RC and his first major league card (he was never in any Bowman stuff for some reason) if he turns into a good player the price will go very high. I have also grabbed his regular jersey card and dual jersey Gold Refractor/50 with Rickie, still need to get the regular and refractor versions of that one. I might also pick up the Black auto/25 if I can find a nice price on one. I was the high bidder on his Canary 1/1 for a bit but it ended up going for nearly $500...no thanks.
Richard