Red Auerbach Thanksgiving Contest! Winner is neemann!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

going with number 23

Celtics were the greatest team when I was growing up use to root for them how could you not like them back then Bill Russell, the Jones boys, Tommy h even the rifleman chuck Connors
they were the best

going with number 23

Celtics were the greatest team when I was growing up use to root for them how could you not like them back then Bill Russell, the Jones boys, Tommy h even the rifleman chuck Connors
they were the best

Numbers chosen: 4, 9, 12, 13, 15, 19, 21, 22, 25, 28, 31, 33, 34 36, 41, 44, 56, 72, 73

Chief, you named some greats, but you forgot your namesake, Robert Parish, the Chief! Larry Legend and Kevin McHale rounded out the 80s! Amazing that starting with Cousy, Russell, et.al. and moving forward to Cowens, JoJo White, moving through 3 Championships in the 80s and then a slow 1990s, to get to the Big 3 of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce who brought a return to glory in 2008! Dynasty defined!

Last edited:
No need to wait, Newman is our winner! You nailed it with Hondo's 17, also the number of Championships the Celtics have won! Congrats, this was a super fun contest!!

No need to wait, Newman is our winner! You nailed it with Hondo's 17, also the number of Championships the Celtics have won! Congrats, this was a super fun contest!!

17 is also the total number of episodes for the 1967 TV series Hondo, from which John Havlicek undoubtedly got his nickname since he looked so much like Ralph Taeger the TV Hondo actor, So the number 17 pops up all over the place with Hondo the basketball player and Hondo the TV series.

I did not see this contest Kevin or I would have joined in. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

17 is also the total number of episodes for the 1967 TV series Hondo, from which John Havlicek undoubtedly got his nickname since he looked so much like Ralph Taeger the TV Hondo actor, So the number 17 pops up all over the place with Hondo the basketball player and Hondo the TV series.

I did not see this contest Kevin or I would have joined in. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Hello my friend, how have you been! Hope you are very well, and have a blessed Thanksgiving and Holiday Season as well! During the course of this thread I thought of our many conversations about Hondo, the show and the player! Glad to see you back, I have been away from the Bench and cards for about a year and a half, but a trip to Cooperstown this past June with my two best friends got me the collecting spirit again!!

I have several other items I am putting up here in the next few weeks, so keep an eye on this forum, I will get some customs given away here shortly!

God bless, Happy Thanksgiving!

Kevin