Redemption Replacement received after 16 month wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis Shoe

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Well, after waiting for 12 months for my Griffey/Thomas dual auto/jersey #'d to 25, I was told it would not be made. I then have waited for 4 months for the replacement, which I received today. Here is the Beckett info and the scan:

2008 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas Autographs #CR Cal Ripken Jr. Mem, AU $250.00

WIA21.jpg

Last edited:
not to bad for a replacement of that one dual. It could of been alot worse. But cant go wrong with Ripken autos!

Well, after waiting for 12 months for my Griffey/Thomas dual auto/jersey #'d to 25, I was told it would not be made. I then have waited for 4 months for the replacement, which I received today. Here is the Beckett info and the scan:

2008 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas Autographs #CR Cal Ripken Jr. Mem, AU $250.00

WIA21.jpg

I have been waiting since October 2008 for the same Griffey/Thomas, I finally asked for a replacement last December.Still nothing but I got an email from a UD guy today that said a replacement was being selected. I hope to do at least as well as you did. Congrats. Pat

wonder why they had that laying around...

congrats on getting something, even better you got something cool...I'm still waiting.

Love the Ripken though...good score.

Very nice!!!! Let me know if you ever decide to move it. Some of my PC stuff may be available (except my Masterpieces baseball Stroke of Genius autos and a few others).

I hope to get something nice for my Griffey Masterpieces Stroke of Genius auto that I've been waiting for since November 2008 also. They say it's in the shipping process.

Congrats again!!!
John

Very nice!!!! Let me know if you ever decide to move it. Some of my PC stuff may be available (except my Masterpieces baseball Stroke of Genius autos and a few others).

I hope to get something nice for my Griffey Masterpieces Stroke of Genius auto that I've been waiting for since November 2008 also. They say it's in the shipping process.

Congrats again!!!
John

First off John, Awesome PC.....all of your cards are flat out amazing. I told myself as soon as I opened the envelope, that I was keeping it for good. Then I thought well, Pujols is one auto I have wanted since he came onto the scene, so I think he is probably the only auto I would trade it for at this point.

First off John, Awesome PC.....all of your cards are flat out amazing. I told myself as soon as I opened the envelope, that I was keeping it for good. Then I thought well, Pujols is one auto I have wanted since he came onto the scene, so I think he is probably the only auto I would trade it for at this point.

Thanks! No Pujols autos in my PC anymore. I traded the one I had for DiMaggio auto a few months ago.

Congrats again! You can't go wrong with keeping that in your collection. That's a nice one!

John

Ah, the million-dollar question!

kinda like the 4 Griffey Jr. print plates someone here got as a replacement...just shows you UD holds on to a lot of stuff that should be in the product...kinda pisses me off.

I'm still waiting on my Fed Ex they said they were sending out weeks ago...guess they will never learn how to do good business.

kinda like the 4 Griffey Jr. print plates someone here got as a replacement...just shows you UD holds on to a lot of stuff that should be in the product...kinda pisses me off.

I'm still waiting on my Fed Ex they said they were sending out weeks ago...guess they will never learn how to do good business.

I think this was sometime in late 2008...I entered an online redemption for a 2005 Ultimate Signature Dual ROY auto of Dwight Gooden and Tom Seaver. Being a Mets fan, I actually wanted to get the card. I didn't call anyone but got a notification after sometime that the redemption could not be fulfilled and I would receive a comparable replacement. I wasn't given a choice, and I was initially disappointed, but I ended up satisfied with the results. These were the 2 cards I got.

2003 Upper Deck First Pitch Signature Stars #KG Ken Griffey Jr./ 100 AU Item has no pricing.
1999 SP Signature Autographs #JO John Olerud AU $15.00

Now, the irony is that Beckett still shows this card listed, with a price. Maybe some 100 collectors somewhere are getting this card as a replacement redemption now? Or if the card never was signed/released to the public, why is Beckett posting a price for something that, to us collectors, doesn't exist?
2005 Ultimate Signature ROY Dual Autograph #GS T.Seaver/D.Good/100 EXCH AU, S# 100 $60.00

Also I have to wonder why, almost 5 years later, UD still had the Griffey First Pitch auto (an exchange card) sitting in their warehouse? The only possible explanation I can think of is that the card itself was made circa 2003 but they ran out of Griffey signed stickers. A few years later, they got Griffey to sign a bunch of stickers and were finally able to put them on the cards to make the finished product. By this point, however, redemptions for the 2003 Griffey auto would have expired. As for the collectors who sent in redemptions for the 2003 Griffey auto, I can only hope they got something comparable.

wouldn't explain why the Griffey Jr. print plates were not put in with the product they were made with...and wouldn't explain why they have that Ripken Jr. sitting around. To me, just proves that what they claim to have in the products is not actually in the products...which is really fraud in some sense.

If i was a Griffey Jr collector I'd be pissed to find out that some guy got all 4 plates and they were not in the product they were supposed to be...think about it...I can't believe there is not more outrage over this sort of thing...it's pretty dirty to me.

wonder why they had that laying around...

Because if they plan a card set 8 months before release and players don't return the cards, contractual agreements prevent them from signing, or they experience financial difficulty, people seem to think they are entitled to something AT LEAST as good. If somewhere between production, packing, shipping, transporting cases/boxes to and from shows, shops, etc, a card gets a ding in the corner, people think they NEED a replacement. If they open a box that's supposed to have one auto and three game used, and they get six game used, they'll post threads saying "should I email the card company because I didn't get my autograph?" To which people will respond "yeah, they OWE YOU!" If the card is no longer produced, they feel entitled to something AT LEAST as good, hopefully better. Or they play the 'nobody cares about the customer anymore' card, post ad nauseum about how they were screwed and ask everyone who they should keep calling and emailing until they get something that makes them happy until the next time they don't get everything they hope for.