"Rookies"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David657

Bench Warmer
Am I simply behind the times or is there an uptick on advertising cards as rookie cards when they clearly are not. Recently found a lot of Hank Aaron cards (incl rookie card)for a reasonable price, upon closer examination I saw they were all 2001 reprints (high retail of $15??) also had a guy soliciting me to buy 1990 Joe Montana "rookies" (made 10 yrs after he was drafted??? lol)....may be an old "trick" but it seems like Im seeing it more often, not to mention "exclusive" 1/1 art cards...smdh

Am I simply behind the times or is there an uptick on advertising cards as rookie cards when they clearly are not. Recently found a lot of Hank Aaron cards (incl rookie card)for a reasonable price, upon closer examination I saw they were all 2001 reprints (high retail of $15??) also had a guy soliciting me to buy 1990 Joe Montana "rookies" (made 10 yrs after he was drafted??? lol)....may be an old "trick" but it seems like Im seeing it more often, not to mention "exclusive" 1/1 art cards...smdh
With the explosion in the value of cards in the last 2 years there are a ton of unscrupulous types taking advantage of those who follow the latest hot thing. This reminds me of the late 80s and early 90s where a lot of............(how do I put this in a politically correct term?) .... A-hole dealers pretty much ruined the hobby for 25 years due to their greed. I think the bubble on this hobby is about to burst once again unfortunately for much the some reason. This House of Sports Cards is not going to be able to withstand this new era of unexplicable high prices and greed.

With the explosion in the value of cards in the last 2 years there are a ton of unscrupulous types taking advantage of those who follow the latest hot thing. This reminds me of the late 80s and early 90s where a lot of............(how do I put this in a politically correct term?) .... A-hole dealers pretty much ruined the hobby for 25 years due to their greed. I think the bubble on this hobby is about to burst once again unfortunately for much the some reason. This House of Sports Cards is not going to be able to withstand this new era of unexplicable high prices and greed.
What is crazy to me, is that I saw a $10 auto SN250 (historic sales) card sell for $65 and then the same exact card sell for $37 two days later but a SN25 sold for $17....not even a current player, nor a HOFer....just doesnt make sense

If the idiots running MLB and the Union, don't get something done soon, you're probably going to see a bigger drop off, then the last time these ******* tried fight over a contract, where the fans are the big losers.
They just get the arbitrator, that negotiated the APWU contract with the USPS, where both sides did pretty well!