Saints IP..Rain and 23 Hamburgers!!??!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Last day of St Paul here vs Air Hogs. Drizzling all day but the game was still scheduled to be played. I get to the park around 5, turn in my free voucher and walk in. Maybe 10 people there. Still raining. Now the field is all turf; but apparently, the two spots that have dirt(the mound and home plate area) weren't properly covered and it's drenched. No one knows if they will play. I quickly find out Ligtenberg did not travel with the team down to Texas. Drat. Oh well. Still waiting..George Tsamis, manager and former Twin comes out. I get him and Anthony Claggett. Then they announce due to field conditions, no game. Sweet. Well, I tell one of the trainers to holler into the locker room and tell Mark, "There's a huge Hamburger fan out here..: About 30 secs later, Mark walks out. I explain to him that a buddy of mine has a psycho ex-girlfriend that at one point had a huge Hamburger crush and bought a 35 card lot. He laughed. "Well, you see, there are still 23 of them here.." "No problem, man..I got ya"..So we spent the next 5-6 minutes shooting the breeze while Mark signed 23 cards...Things I learned during our convo..
He had In-N-Out for lunch, he loved it..
He got to the hotel in time to catch the end of Lincecum's no-hitter last night
He loved his time in Round Rock and it is a small dream of his to open a Pancake House in south Austin out of an old trailer he owns.maybe just during the off-season..
He still thinks he can make it back to the minors and keeps in touch with a lot of former teammates.

He's a great guy. He's had his problems(see the article i posted) but I truly believe he still has the arm to get out AAA hitters(and who knows after that)..threw a 118 pitch shutout Thursday night and still hits 92-94 on the gun.

SO the game was cancelled, I got my voucher back and headed home. But I had hot dogs for dinner instead :)

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23612189/out-ashes-pitcher-mark-hamburger-working-get-back
So ya here are the cards..(some for Arron and Mort)
Anthony Claggett 6/6
George Tsamis
Brandon Tripp
claggett_zps88714e5b.jpg
Mark Hamburger
hamburger1_zpsf4e3c3e8.jpg
hamburger2_zpsd687d5ff.jpg
hamburger3_zps214db848.jpg
thanks for reading
Chris