Scotch tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I also do this. A little tab on the scotch tape makes it really easy to peel off. I recycle as many things as possible when trading, bubble mailers, top loaders, team bags, penny sleeves. Heck, if you think about it, we're all recycling our doubles that we trade away!

Thanks everyone for keeping this an interesting and clean thread.

Thats what i do. Please for the love of everyone. Please if you use scotch tape please put a tab on both or at least 1 side so it can come off.

I hate when people wrap layers of paper and tape around a card in a top loader. You need a damn machete to open it.

If you want to tape the toploaders of the cards anybody sends me through trades go ahead. I have more important things to worry about than tape. I am not buying painters tape, constructionmens tape, welders tape or any other kind of tape or other crazy ideas people come up with. I have about 1000 top loaders laying around and enough bubble mailers to mail all the cards on ebay 10 times over.

Exactly! In a perfect world, I would like to receive all of my cards like this: My new card in a penny sleeve, in a top loader, and in a team bag. Since it's not a perfect world I am actually pleasantly surprised when that 1 card in 100 shows up just the way I like it. The other 99, I just throw the used/taped top loader into my giant tupperware full of used/taped top loaders. I recycle these when trading.

On two occasions I received top loaders with no tape, and the cards were hanging half way out. One was made of cardboard and was bent in half. The other was a press plate and luckily it did not get bent. So if you really think about, it's much better to receive a ruined top loader than a ruined card, every single time. So a little tape shouldn't get under your skin too much, people are just trying to help you out by keeping your new card safe. :D

I'm not crazy about it, but I'm not that bothered by it. It's just annoying when you get cards and you've got to bust through all this tape just to get it out. Anytime there's so much tape you can't reuse any of the packing materials is too much tape.

And for the record, I send my cards out in a penny sleeve, which goes in a toploader, which goes in a team bag.

Going to try that.First time I've heard of it.
Ken

Something I have been doing with used toploaders is taking the tape residue off. Rubbing the toploader with a used fabric softener sheet will remove 99% of tape and label residue. Leaves the loaders as good as new. Doesn't cost anything extra either since the sheets have already been used and are headed for the trash anyway.
Didn't have much success with a used one,but,a new one works great!
After peeling off the tape,the residue left behind easily wiped off.
Lastly,a good rinsing and they look practically brand new.
Great tip,thanks for sharing.:)
Ken