Selling on Sportlots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone here sell on Spotlots? I was thinking of listing some cards there, but the fees seem real high? Based on what I read, is it true that the percentage they take from each sale starts at 75% and goes downward based on the dollar amount of the sale? That seems worse than ebay!

Billy

Sportlots is a good place to list commons and low end inserts. If you consider that those are almost impossible to move usually then the high fees may not seem so bad because at least you're making some money. That being said I used to sell there and stopped as I did not like the search feature and feedback system.

Sportlots is a good place to list commons and low end inserts. If you consider that those are almost impossible to move usually then the high fees may not seem so bad because at least you're making some money. That being said I used to sell there and stopped as I did not like the search feature and feedback system.

it really is choppy. I'm surprised so many people buy and sell there. I've picked up some good stuff but still.

Yeah I'd use the site more if it was easier to work with, especially if I could go and look at certain sellers stuff only.

You can look at a specific seller's inventory. There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. After you do a search, expand a description and click on Details for the seller. Under Seller Links, there are a few options for that seller.
2. After adding a card to the cart, there is a magnifying glass next to the seller's name. Click on that and do a seach through his inventory.

I sell on there and generally like it. If you have enough stuff to move $100+ a month then it is worth it, especially considering sets are pre loaded.

Yeah I listed a bunch of commons on there and have sold a bunch.. didn't get much money.. but it was stuff that I would give away so I did get some of my money back!

Good Luck,
Christopher

Although I do not buy very often in general any more, when I do I go to Sportlots. In additions to some good auctions, I like the way it is set up. The only downside in that many sellers jack up the S/H fees to recoup some of the fees.