Semi Famous Hit Streak Contest - August

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back in. I'll also go on side bet again. I think I still need to square up last month's.

Aug. 1: Matt Kemp, LAD

I'm in on the side bet again! Thanks for helping me clean out my cards a bit:)

1 - Mike Trout (Angels) - HIT
2 - Miguel Cabrera (Tigers) - HIT
3 - Andrew McCutchen (Pirates) - HIT
4 - Buster Posey (Giants) - STRIKE ONE
5 - Ian Kinsler (Tigers)

Last edited:
We have 21 participants this time (best turnout of the year), with 3 signing on for the side bet. Again a couple of new faces as well, which is nice to see. Good luck to everyone.

Three Strikes

Two Strikes

One Strike - chieftazmisty*, rhauch, greatdadx2, drpid, andydrummond, tennelson55, topaz77, intelliracer*

No Strikes - katester44, david k., sgbt4, jaybo374, beachbum, anglinomics, benski3, mrknicks, jverlander35, mm1sub, scc76, cmcjr99, gophergirl23*

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...8 folks pick up a strike on opening day. Including The Chief, which I believe is 7 straight strikes...

Three have signed on for the side bet - Chieftazmisty, intelliracer, and gophergirl23 - the host was undefeated against the competition in July, lets see if the luck will continue into August...

First game today is at 4:05PM- please have your pick in by then.

I will get July sidebets posted/settled up this weekend.

We have 21 participants this time (best turnout of the year), with 3 signing on for the side bet. Again a couple of new faces as well, which is nice to see. Good luck to everyone.

Three Strikes

Two Strikes - greatdadx2

One Strike - david k., chieftazmisty*, rhauch, anglinomics, drpid, andydrummond, tennelson55, topaz77, intelliracer*

No Strikes - katester44, sgbt4, jaybo374, beachbum, benski3, mrknicks, jverlander35, mm1sub, scc76, cmcjr99, gophergirl23*

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...only 3 pick up a strike on Saturday and in more encouraging news - The Chief finally..repeat finally gets a hit - the odds were definitely in his favor after 10, repeat 10, consecutive strikes!!!!!
Three have signed on for the side bet - Chieftazmisty, intelliracer, and gophergirl23 - the host was undefeated against the competition in July, lets see if the luck will continue into August...

First game today is at 1:05PM- please have your pick in by then.

Today was the last chance to get in with two strikes - so no new entries.

Two Strikes - greatdadx2

One Strike - david k., chieftazmisty*, rhauch, anglinomics, drpid, andydrummond, tennelson55, topaz77, intelliracer*

No Strikes - katester44, sgbt4, jaybo374, beachbum, benski3, mrknicks, jverlander35, mm1sub, scc76, cmcjr99, gophergirl23*

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...only 3 pick up a strike on Saturday and in more encouraging news - The Chief finally..repeat finally gets a hit - the odds were definitely in his favor after 10, repeat 10, consecutive strikes!!!!!

i thought a "no-pick" meant a strike ? check intelliracer....a miss day one and no picks day 2 or 3....

Three Strikes - greatdadx2, intelliracer*

Two Strikes - andydrummond

One Strike - katester44, david k., sgbt4, chieftazmisty*, beachbum, rhauch, anglinomics, benski3, drpid, tennelson55, jverlander35, mm1sub, topaz77, intelliracer*

No Strikes - jaybo374, mrknicks, scc76, cmcjr99, gophergirl23*

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...brutal day on Sunday, many strikes picked up and two sent packing.
The Chief finally seems to grasp that the contest is about picking guys getting hits, not strikes as he get a second consecutive one correct!!!!!

First game today is at 12:05PM- please have your pick in by then.

I can't believe Buster Posey WALKED FOUR TIMES tonight! A walk, sir, is not as good as a hit today! STRIKE ONE:)

Two Strikes - chieftazmisty*, andydrummond, jverlander35, topaz77

One Strike - katester44, david k., sgbt4, beachbum, rhauch, anglinomics, benski3, drpid, tennelson55, mm1sub, gophergirl23*

No Strikes - jaybo374, mrknicks, scc76, cmcjr99

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...Four remaining with zero strikes and only two gone so far.

First game today is at 7:05PM- please have your pick in by then.

Wow...that's what I get for trying to play on vacation...lol. See you in September. I'll be on the side bet for September, too, so why don't we just settle up after the season is over?

Two Strikes - katester44, chieftazmisty*, beachbum, anglinomics, andydrummond, jverlander35, topaz77, gophergirl23*

One Strike - david k., sgbt4, rhauch, benski3, drpid, tennelson55, mm1sub, cmcjr99

No Strikes - jaybo374, mrknicks, scc76

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...Three remaining with zero strikes and no strikeouts on Tuesday.

First game today is at 1:10PM- please have your pick in by then.

I will get July sidebets posted/settled up this weekend. Intelliracer - saw your note and that is fine.

Three Strikes - greatdadx2, intelliracer*, katester44, chieftazmisty*, jverlander35, gophergirl23*, topaz77

Two Strikes - david k., sgbt4, beachbum, rhauch, anglinomics, benski3, drpid, andydrummond, cmcjr99

One Strike - jaybo374, mrknicks, tennelson55, mm1sub

No Strikes - scc76

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...Down to 1 with a single strike...Wednesday was total carnage - most strikes EVER in a single day.

Three have signed on for the side bet - Chieftazmisty, intelliracer, and gophergirl23 - the side bets are basically a push this month as chief, gopher and myself all go out on the same day.

First game today is at 12:35PM- please have your pick in by then.

I will get July sidebets posted/settled up this weekend. Intelliracer - saw your note and that is fine.

not trying to be a poor sport or anything , but i thought this game had a daily deadline of game time for the FIRST GAME each day....more than once already someone has entered a pick several hours AFTER the first game and was still credited with a hit for the day....today alone 3 people made picks between 2 and 4 hours after the first game started....i know i've taken a strike because i needed to get a pick in before a day game and my player in the 7 pm game didn't start....so again , not trying to be a poor sport , but just wanting to see if the playing field is really level....

not trying to be a poor sport or anything , but i thought this game had a daily deadline of game time for the FIRST GAME each day....more than once already someone has entered a pick several hours AFTER the first game and was still credited with a hit for the day....today alone 3 people made picks between 2 and 4 hours after the first game started....i know i've taken a strike because i needed to get a pick in before a day game and my player in the 7 pm game didn't start....so again , not trying to be a poor sport , but just wanting to see if the playing field is really level....

I think my pick was late, although I only notice it as I look back on it. I will go ahead and DQ myself so Andy doesn't have to deal with with me on this but please remember that not everyone lives on the East Coast and adheres to EST, we do our best to keep up and it is only a contest that Andy so graciously puts out for the rest of us to enjoy.

Peace Out!!

I think my pick was late, although I only notice it as I look back on it. I will go ahead and DQ myself so Andy doesn't have to deal with with me on this but please remember that not everyone lives on the East Coast and adheres to EST, we do our best to keep up and it is only a contest that Andy so graciously puts out for the rest of us to enjoy.

Peace Out!!

hey , i'm out myself now too , but i just wanted clarification and to make sure it's fair for everyone......i know he puts in his daily post that there is a deadline but i keep seeing people pick after it's passed (the few months i play i usually keep a spreadsheet and on days when i'm home all day i tend to notice who picks when).....just yesterday in fact one person picked a player who played in the 12:35 game at 4 pm - almost a full hour AFTER that game was over.....i aint saying he was cheating , but it does kinda stink....

Three Strikes - greatdadx2, intelliracer*, katester44, chieftazmisty*, jverlander35, gophergirl23*, topaz77, david k., sgbt4, cmcjr99, drpid

Two Strikes - jaybo374, beachbum, rhauch, anglinomics, benski3, andydrummond

One Strike - mrknicks, tennelson55, mm1sub, scc76

No Strikes - none

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...The remaining no striker, picks up a strike - 6 with 2 and 4 with 1. Four more take a seat on the pine.

Three have signed on for the side bet - Chieftazmisty, intelliracer, and gophergirl23 - the side bets are basically a push this month as chief, gopher and myself all go out on the same day.

**I am running this contest because I enjoyed participating in it when someone else ran it - when it was no longer being run, I stole the idea. The reason being - I liked it and thought it was a great idea for a contest. But the key factor is that I am running it for fun and no other reason. I run it on the honor system of making picks - but there are times that I understand people won't be able to get a pick in due to life circumstances. As long as it doesn't become a habit and as long as it doesn't change the outcome of the game, I am willing to let some things slide. I have enough to do in my life than to sit and watch to make sure everyone involved has made a daily pick by the time of the first game. If that bothers anyone, than sorry - I run this for fun for me and hopefully the majority of the participants. This is also the reason that I could never, NEVER be a moderator - I hate dealing with inane things and trying to settle petty gripes. If there are others out there that think they can run the contest better than me - than it is yours to do with what you want. You can put up the cards, pay the postage and take the time to track everything daily.

Sorry for the rant, but I am happy that it is Friday, because I am having a horrible week and I am just not in the mood for anything.

Three Strikes - greatdadx2, intelliracer*, katester44, chieftazmisty*, jverlander35, gophergirl23*, topaz77, david k., sgbt4, cmcjr99, drpid

Two Strikes - jaybo374, beachbum, rhauch, anglinomics, benski3, andydrummond

One Strike - mrknicks, tennelson55, mm1sub, scc76

No Strikes - none

And away we go, August Hit Streak is underway...The remaining no striker, picks up a strike - 6 with 2 and 4 with 1. Four more take a seat on the pine.

**I am running this contest because I enjoyed participating in it when someone else ran it - when it was no longer being run, I stole the idea. The reason being - I liked it and thought it was a great idea for a contest. But the key factor is that I am running it for fun and no other reason. I run it on the honor system of making picks - but there are times that I understand people won't be able to get a pick in due to life circumstances. As long as it doesn't become a habit and as long as it doesn't change the outcome of the game, I am willing to let some things slide. I have enough to do in my life than to sit and watch to make sure everyone involved has made a daily pick by the time of the first game. If that bothers anyone, than sorry - I run this for fun for me and hopefully the majority of the participants. This is also the reason that I could never, NEVER be a moderator - I hate dealing with inane things and trying to settle petty gripes. If there are others out there that think they can run the contest better than me - than it is yours to do with what you want. You can put up the cards, pay the postage and take the time to track everything daily.

Sorry for the rant, but I am happy that it is Friday, because I am having a horrible week and I am just not in the mood for anything.

Hey Andy
your week cant be that bad after all you did have the company of the CHIEF for a day enjoying a beautiful day and a great round of golf. besides where else can i pick 10 straight losers and still have fun
Shot a 76 today in pgh and ended up messing my knee up now i am hobbling around
later
Your buddy
Tom