Share your "What was I thinking!" set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckinney

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I was looking through an old box of cards and came across 1994 Topps Stadium Club. I remember when these first came out I was thinking, "These are the coolest cards ever..." Now I just think, "What was I thinking." These have got to be one of the ugliest cards I ever though was cool.

1994_TSC_690.JPG

Do you have any sets that you think this of? Please share.

- Chris

Haha, I thought they were cool back then too! I was also really into the 1995 Emotion cards. I loved those adjectives!

About 6 years ago.....I started putting together the 2003 timeless treasures gold set only 10 cards were printed for the 100 star players. I have 72 of the 100! I now get about two or three per year... What was I thinking...it was easy in the beginning and now days.........Trammel card showed up on ebay and it went for about $98.00!! The Babe Ruth card that I purchased about 5 years ago....won it for about $29.00!!! Plus I have a road block by a person on the BMB who has 7 of the Roger Clemens gold cards....offer to buy the worst one and He stated only if the card was the last one that I need to finish the set:mad: Best regards, David

Last edited:
I can remember buying tons of the cool cards called Sportsflics. What a waste of money. Andthen the Sportsflics Decade Greats came out and I went nuts. I did not eat for almost a month because I was spending all my money on these cool "Magic Motion" cards. Those were the days.

I remember chasing the "SP's" in 1988 Donruss, thinking if I could stockpile a few, set builders might be looking for them in the future years.

Good thread. Topps Embossed basketball (mid 90's), 1991 Fleer ProVision inserts, Donruss "Triple Play" (early 90's), and MULTIPLE boxes of 2000 Upper Deck Ultimate Victory.

Tim

I like this thread.

I remember back in 1999 when Upper Deck came out with the Wonder Years insert set. I loved the look of them cards because I loved the Austin Powers like look to them. But now, as you said, it's like "what was I think?"

I absolutely loved 1995 Fleer baseball. The idea that each division had their own design I thought was so cool. I also got a hot pack that year and was after that.

Now that set looks cheesy and dated to say the least. Not to mention that all of the inserts are worth pennies compared to what they used to be.

Dan

I absolutely loved 1995 Fleer baseball. The idea that each division had their own design I thought was so cool. I also got a hot pack that year and was after that.

Now that set looks cheesy and dated to say the least. Not to mention that all of the inserts are worth pennies compared to what they used to be.

Dan

Haha, reminds me of when one of my non-collecting buddies got a hot pack and I said he owed me some of the cards because I collected and he didn't. Ahhhh, to be in 5th grade again....