Shipping to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordo47

BANNED
4.90 star(s)
BANNED
Do many collectors on this site avoid trading to Canadians because shipping a package to Canada is expensive? I have put out a lot of posts in the vintage section but am not getting the responses that I thought I would. My suggestion is to send cards via a PWE in some guards. Sometime you can put 3 cards in 1 semi-hard guard and attach 2 guards end-to end and stack 3 of these in top of each other. This enables you to send up to 18 cards MUCH more cheaply than a padded envelope. Is this strategy a problem with many collectors? Please let me know. Many thanks

I have no problem shipping to Canada, personally, but it would depend on the deal. I wouldn't want to spend $12 shipping a bubble mailer on a deal for $5 worth of cards.

Also, I'm not sure I'd put 18 cards in a single PWE. I think the max, for me, would be something like 6. I know some folks will put more in, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that myself.

On top condition cards, 18 cards in 1 PWE might be questionable. I'm so used to trading with low/mid grade cards that I didn't think about the high grades trades at all. I don't have a problem with the PWE and haven't had any damaged cards at all. Perhaps someone can weigh in on this issue. I had 1 trader years ago send 3 PWE with 20 cards(lower condition) in each one saying that it was 40% of the shipping cost of a padded envelope.

I know it only costs like 1.00 to ship one PWE to Canada. I for one have no probelm shipping things to Canada. I think one of the problems that you are facing is that a lot of people do not have the cards you are looking for. Most people who have those cards want to hang onto them. Looking back through old threads, there are not many high value vintage cards for trade. I think that you may be at the point where you will have to bite the bullet and purchase the cards you are looking for. I am in the same boat as to some of the vintage I am looking for. The prices of that stuff is also going up on a daily basis. I hope you find what the cards you are looking for but I really think it is going to be an uphill battle.

I don't mind shipping to Canada either way. BUT..... it depends on what I'm sending/receiving. If it's something I value I will request padded and ship padded to be equal to the other trader. I'll gladly pay the higher shipping charge.

By the way, I just had a trade to Canada (Vancouver) about a month or so ago and discovered the tracking goes all the way through now. Not sure when they changed it or if I'm just out-of-date but that is great to know!