Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have a Jerry Tubbs. Should I get it graded?
1965 Philadelphia, along with 1965 Topps football, were the first sports cards I remember. Jerry Tubbs was a card that I remember very well probably because my 6 year old mind found his last name humorous for a pro football player.. It is funny how so many commons from that set (as well as other sets from that era) stand out in my mind even to this day..........Clarence Peaks, John Nisby, Brady Keys and 2 other Cowboy legends Tony Liscio and Pettis Norman for examplse. I certainly remember certain stars from that set (Warfield, Hornung, Jurgenson) but so many commons are as memorable for me.

So while TC84 may have a ridiculous amount of HOF Cowboy cards, his lack of the complete 8 card Jerry Tubbs collection knocks his collector status down a rung or two for me. LMAO!!!

Yup Yup! Won 2 rings if I'm not mistaken. Would you be willing to trade the card you have of him?

Yup Yup! Won 2 rings if I'm not mistaken. Would you be willing to trade the card you have of him?
I;m certain I have some Jerry Tubbs cards for trade. I'll keep an eye out for them as I look for Cowboys of interest for you. I know he was in the first Cowboys set in a 49ers uniform for 1960 Topps and the 1965 was his last card and there were several others in between.

After reading your post, I see he did win 2 rings as a coach. I did not know that. I was certain he hadn't won any as a player. You learn something every day

And with a quick check I do have a dup of the 1965 Philadelphia Jerry Tubbs!

Last edited:
He was a player/coach for one of those years.
Send me a PM with what you would want to return... I need to bolster my collection with that one card! Send it to new heights!

1965 Philadelphia, along with 1965 Topps football, were the first sports cards I remember. Jerry Tubbs was a card that I remember very well probably because my 6 year old mind found his last name humorous for a pro football player.. It is funny how so many commons from that set (as well as other sets from that era) stand out in my mind even to this day..........Clarence Peaks, John Nisby, Brady Keys and 2 other Cowboy legends Tony Liscio and Pettis Norman for examplse. I certainly remember certain stars from that set (Warfield, Hornung, Jurgenson) but so many commons are as memorable for me.

So while TC84 may have a ridiculous amount of HOF Cowboy cards, his lack of the complete 8 card Jerry Tubbs collection knocks his collector status down a rung or two for me. LMAO!!!
I always found Rosie Greer to have a funny name as a kid. Think his given name was Roosevelt but as a 6 year old to have a big tough football player with the the first name of Rosie😂😂😂😂 don’t think I would have teased him though

I always found Rosie Greer to have a funny name as a kid. Think his given name was Roosevelt but as a 6 year old to have a big tough football player with the the first name of Rosie😂😂😂😂 don’t think I would have teased him though
Roosevelt was a popular name for football players of the 50s/60s. There was also Rosie Brown HoF NY Giants, and Rosie Taylor.