Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The scary thing for me is this, in only 8 years the 83 set will be subject to the Heritage design. This is especially painful for me as 1983 was my 3rd year of collecting and i was only 10 years old...

I hope that they do something cool for the inserts, like make some for the glossy send in's from that year, like they did for some of years they did the deckle edge a few years back. What confused me on the Super Vets was how guys like Carlton Fisk, or Dave Winfield, didn't get one.

I remember Garber, vaguely, because once we started getting TBS, he had a funkier delivery than Dan Quisenberry. That was what stood out to me.
I wish I could trade places with you. My third year of card collecting was 1967! Granted I started collecting younger than most..............but still.

Talk about feeling old., I was talking to someone about Don Henley's hit "Boys of Summer" which iI find to be OK. I looked it up and that song is FORTY years old. Woah! And then I discovered The Ataris cover of that same song, which I flat out love, is TWENTY ONE years old. DAMN!

Man it sucks getting old. But at least I am still extaordinarily handsome!! (Allegggeddllly)

That special All Time great issue was a nice little set. I love those Kelloggs cards except for the two "Cs"............cracking and curling.
Ya I had to put it in a top loader to take the pic of it, but other than that it's great. The info on the back alone is worth the price of admission.

Tony Dorsett 2007 Gridiron Gear Performers Jumbo Patch 11/15 BGS 9
View attachment 100177
This card had me doing a little research on Cowboys who had won the NFL rushing title. Much to my amamzement Dorsett never won one! I knew he was waaaaay up on the All Time Rushing leaders when he retired but I had no idea he was 2nd only to Walter Payton and had more career rushing yards than Jim Brown! No rushing titles and more yards than Jim Brown are definately 2 trivia questions I would have missed!

Those odd stats certainly don't take away from his career or talent. He was an A-List star in the era when he played.

This card had me doing a little research on Cowboys who had won the NFL rushing title. Much to my amamzement Dorsett never won one! I knew he was waaaaay up on the All Time Rushing leaders when he retired but I had no idea he was 2nd only to Walter Payton and had more career rushing yards than Jim Brown! No rushing titles and more yards than Jim Brown are definately 2 trivia questions I would have missed!

Those odd stats certainly don't take away from his career or talent. He was an A-List star in the era when he played.
The biggest memory for me of TD, was the infamous Monday Night 99 yard touchdown for a record(at the time) against the Vikings at the Metrodome. I was like "tackle him!" Did really enjoy the Cowboy teams of the early 80s

The biggest memory for me of TD, was the infamous Monday Night 99 yard touchdown for a record(at the time) against the Vikings at the Metrodome. I was like "tackle him!" Did really enjoy the Cowboy teams of the early 80s
Same here. And he had a lot of career highlights with a Heismann, a National Title as a Senior and Rookie of the Year and a Super Bowl championship as a rookie. That's pretty good.