Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OK now it makes sense. Those are the 8 guys who had regular Braile cards that were inserted into 1992 Action Packed Factory sets. Was there any info on how one acquired either the 288 cards in the Mint set or the 8 cards in the Mint Braille set? I've guessing thery were available though some special offer on the fsctory sets.

So the only true parallel set was the Mint cards. THe Mint Braille cards and the regular 24 Kt cards (like the Emmitts I traded you) were parallel sets but skip numbered and much smaller than the base set. And only the 24 Kt. Gold cards were inserted in packs as far as I know.
I didn't look into all that... but I looked on eBay and one seller was selling a pack of 5 with the box they came in so I'm guessing they were some sort of sweepstakes...

Ed Modzelewski '60 Topps
View attachment 102158
NOW WE"RE TALKING!!! The first run of Dallas Cowboys in their expansion year of 1960. Not one of them was pictured in a Cowboy's uniform since these photos were all taken before the Cowboys existed. And as far as I know only one player in the original Topps run of Cowboys played with the team for a subatantial time. And if you said it was Jerry Tubbs................You would be correct!

In the early 1980s I considered putting together a complete run of Cowboys from 1960 to present as a side project including oddball issues. I was not a fan of the Cowboys but their almost universal popularity had me mulling ...........contemplating even....to do this side project. Football cards were worthless at the time and it would have been easy and inexpensive to do ecxcept for the 1972 Topps High numbers and hard to find regional issues. But I had so manyset needs to chase, I never did it.

I think the hobby is missing stuff like this now...1993 Milkbone series showing MLB Players with their dogs. Neighbor had a garage sale and i found this pack. Molitor/BiggioView attachment 102159
100% agree. I think many of the regular issue sets are boring. I really gravitate to these off shoot issues like Kelloggs, Hostess, 7-11, Kraft and the one pictured here. I didn't realize they were not as prevalent these days.

I think my favorite off shoot set I ever pieced together was the 1986 DairyPak football set. These were player pictures on the sides of 1/2 gallon milk cartons and no easy task to put together as one or two pf them were short prints (james Lofton I believe). The set is pictured below.

NOW WE"RE TALKING!!! The first run of Dallas Cowboys in their expansion year of 1960. Not one of them was pictured in a Cowboy's uniform since these photos were all taken before the Cowboys existed. And as far as I know only one player in the original Topps run of Cowboys played with the team for a subatantial time. And if you said it was Jerry Tubbs................You would be correct!

In the early 1980s I considered putting together a complete run of Cowboys from 1960 to present as a side project including oddball issues. I was not a fan of the Cowboys but their almost universal popularity had me mulling ...........contemplating even....to do this side project. Football cards were worthless at the time and it would have been easy and inexpensive to do ecxcept for the 1972 Topps High numbers and hard to find regional issues. But I had so manyset needs to chase, I never did it.
Had a feeling you'd like that one. And that would have been THE coolest collection of Cowboys ever if you could have pulled it off!

100% agree. I think many of the regular issue sets are boring. I really gravitate to these off shoot issues like Kelloggs, Hostess, 7-11, Kraft and the one pictured here. I didn't realize they were not as prevalent these days.

I think my favorite off shoot set I ever pieced together was the 1986 DairyPak football set. These were player pictures on the sides of 1/2 gallon milk cartons and no easy task to put together as one or two pf them were short prints (james Lofton I believe). The set is pictured below.

Do you remember the McDonald's football cards in like 85/86 ? The were square and had a scratch off detachable coupon if I remember correctly.

I just want to know what it is about Jerry Tubbs. I swear you must be the only guy in America who is keeping his flame.

Do you remember the McDonald's football cards in like 85/86 ? The were square and had a scratch off detachable coupon if I remember correctly.
Absolutely! They had the National issue which was unfortunately in my area and each NFL city had its own team set. Those regional ones are much more scarce and much more expensive. We got the Nationals here since we are between the Buffalo and the NYC markets. Also on those regional issues the color of the scratch off portion also determied the values since in some areas certain colors were less common.

I have a lot of the National issues and a handfull of regional singles. If my memory is correct the only regional team set I have is............frum roll please for TC84..........the green Dallas Cowboys. While not a Cowboy fan I always gravitated towards Cowboy cards and collectables due to their overwhelming popularity.

I just want to know what it is about Jerry Tubbs. I swear you must be the only guy in America who is keeping his flame.
LMAO! I think because his 1965 Philadelphia card is one of the very first cards I remember plus his name is humorous for a football player.

1965 Topps and Philadelphia cards are the first football cards I remember and 1966 Topps is the first baseball set in my memory. Anything prior to those sets, I discovered later on.

LMAO! I think because his 1965 Philadelphia card is one of the very first cards I remember plus his name is humorous for a football player.

1965 Topps and Philadelphia cards are the first football cards I remember and 1966 Topps is the first baseball set in my memory. Anything prior to those sets, I discovered later on.
That 65P Tubbs is a funny card.
My first baseball was 64T, though I do have a 63 Post cereal Robin Roberts I must have cut out myself, maybe in 64. I think I remember my first pack, maybe not all 5. Nobody good.
My first football was the 65T tall boys. I thought those were just the coolest. Not sure who was in that first pack.

That 65P Tubbs is a funny card.
My first baseball was 64T, though I do have a 63 Post cereal Robin Roberts I must have cut out myself, maybe in 64. I think I remember my first pack, maybe not all 5. Nobody good.
My first football was the 65T tall boys. I thought those were just the coolest. Not sure who was in that first pack.
Yes that 65 Philly card was funny which is another reason he stands out in my mind. Looking at the other Cowboys in the inagural 1960 Topps run I actually think Jerry Tubbs was the only one to play more than a year or two for Dallas. L. G. Dupre played for 2 seasons and after that he lived up to his nickname.............LONG GONE!!

Back