Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I was shocked to find out from Kevin (from Illinois on The Bench) that Johny Lujack was still alive! That was several years ago. And I was glad to see he is still alive and kicking at 97 years old. He is the oldest living Heisman Trophy (1947) winner too.

Names like Johnny Lujack and Charlie Trippi (who died a month ago at age 100) were names from the ancient past when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s so it is really nice to see when guys like that are still going.

Even without the helmet logos, the In Action cards for vintage football just rule! What is kind of scary is that I can ID some of the obscure side players in these In Action cards. I know #66 for the Cowboys is George Andre but I don't know offhand who 71 for the Colts is.

I wonder if the lack of helmet logos is a reason why some of the 1970s/early 80s football is not more valuable? That trend finally ended for good with the 1982 Topps, thankfully.

Even without the helmet logos, the In Action cards for vintage football just rule! What is kind of scary is that I can ID some of the obscure side players in these In Action cards. I know #66 for the Cowboys is George Andre but I don't know offhand who 71 for the Colts is.

I wonder if the lack of helmet logos is a reason why some of the 1970s/early 80s football is not more valuable? That trend finally ended for good with the 1982 Topps, thankfully.
Do you mean #61 for the Colts? I think it's Cornelius Johnson.

Do you mean #61 for the Colts? I think it's Cornelius Johnson.

Yep, I did mean #61 for the Colts and I would not have gotten his name either!

I just looked Courneiius Johnson up and you are correct. He had exactly one card made of him which was a 1973 Topps and you can see in this pic he is indeed #61.