Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I noticed that this is a 33 rpm record. I recall having a few as a kid, but we would have played them. This one looks to be intacked. Very nice.
Yes, they are 33rpm records containing an interview with the pictured player. This is from the 1964 Auravision set of 16. It is not too difficult to find them with the center hole still intact. They were originally premiums that went with different products. Milk Duds is the main one, I think. I believe a large number of them were never distributed and were discovered in a warehouse about forty years ago and slowly released to the hobby via direct sales, hence the availability of many with an unpunched center hole. That being said, for reasons I do not know, the Willie Mays record is rarely found with an unpunched center hole. Maybe the Mays went out first when companies like Milk Duds ordered them to use as premiums, leaving few Mays records left in the warehouse when sales partnerships dried up and they shut it down. There is also an 8 record 1962 set that has some different player photos. That set is much more difficult to put together. Even though the distribution story of these is odd and unappealing, and they are oversized in the way of cards, I still think it is an underrated set. Great color photos, loaded with stars and HOFers, an interview with the player, extensive player history, stats and another photo on the back, these cards offer way more than any other cards of their time or any time.

Yes, they are 33rpm records containing an interview with the pictured player. This is from the 1964 Auravision set of 16. It is not too difficult to find them with the center hole still intact. They were originally premiums that went with different products. Milk Duds is the main one, I think. I believe a large number of them were never distributed and were discovered in a warehouse about forty years ago and slowly released to the hobby via direct sales, hence the availability of many with an unpunched center hole. That being said, for reasons I do not know, the Willie Mays record is rarely found with an unpunched center hole. Maybe the Mays went out first when companies like Milk Duds ordered them to use as premiums, leaving few Mays records left in the warehouse when sales partnerships dried up and they shut it down. There is also an 8 record 1962 set that has some different player photos. That set is much more difficult to put together. Even though the distribution story of these is odd and unappealing, and they are oversized in the way of cards, I still think it is an underrated set. Great color photos, loaded with stars and HOFers, an interview with the player, extensive player history, stats and another photo on the back, these cards offer way more than any other cards of their time or any time.
I always thought they came from the back of a cereal box. Thanks for the run down on the item. It would be very tempting to collect some of the records.