Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nice! I'm guessing u have a modern card of his cuz u can't afford his older cards like me... I got a very recent Jackie Robinson card because of this reason. Can't wait till it gets here!
TC
Wow! I just re-read that and it sounds like I'm saying I CAN afford the older stuff and you CANT..... NOT what I meant, I mean I can't afford the old stuff so I get modern like you got. Alot like my Speaker Collection. If I could afford cards from 1909-1928 I probably wouldn't be spending my time on here. No offense taken, I hope!
TC

Is it me or have MEM/Patch cards gone to crap in the last 5 years???
Cliff Harris 2007 National Treasures Timeline NFC Patch 9/10
View attachment 99951
I think it is because there are a lot of questions whether the patches are actually game worn. At least on major card company got caught doing this. I just saw a recent video where the guy was talking about this matter. If I find it, I'll post it here,.

Is it me or have MEM/Patch cards gone to crap in the last 5 years???
Cliff Harris 2007 National Treasures Timeline NFC Patch 9/10
View attachment 99951
OK by a miracle I tracked down the video I spoke of. The main topic is these back pocket Game worn cards which lend me to numerous Beavis and Butt-Head type jokes...........but I digress.

About a minute into the video the guy touches on the past problems with "game Used" or "Game worn" cards. He doesn't go into detail on it, but I do rememer a mini scandal years ago over the authenticity of these GU cards.

OK by a miracle I tracked down the video I spoke of. The main topic is these back pocket Game worn cards which lend me to numerous Beavis and Butt-Head type jokes...........but I digress.

About a minute into the video the guy touches on the past problems with "game Used" or "Game worn" cards. He doesn't go into detail on it, but I do rememer a mini scandal years ago over the authenticity of these GU cards.

Watch when I get home. In waiting room at tire place... one of my biggest pet peeves is people in a quite room with their volume up on their phone!!

That's a new one to me... players actually carrying the cards in their jersey then signing on the day they had it on them.
I'm more talking about the jsy/patch cards like the few I have recently posted. I mean going through beckett and organizing my cards has gotten kinda depressing with the traders I have with jsy/patch mem in them. I'm talking about $5 for a "Game worn" jsy card, and $8 for a patch. The only good ones in my traders section right now that I've come across is a Cooper Kupp Rookie Patch at $60 and a Demaryius Thomas/Dez Bryant Dual Patch at $50. Some of them are even listed as N/A when they have a ser. # higher than /50. I just don't get it right now. Like the Lamb Patch I posted... I know it's numbered to /99 but it's a sweet patch and Immaculate wouldn't put any of those single color Prime Patches in their cards (I would hope!). But it's only listed at $25. If it's a higher end brand then Beckett should know that they are putting multi-colored patches with stitching in the cards... I'd be better off chasing inserts and Rookies. Even Autos have gone down IMO. My Joe Montana ON-CARD auto is only listed at $120. Pretty sure Jerry Rice's RC is $120 right now. I'm at a loss. I guess that's why we aren't seeing as many jsy/patch cards or autos these days. Maybe people just got bored with them. I know I won't trade for a normal JSY card unless it's a rookie, other than that it's junk to me. Maybe for the autos they need to make more of an effort to get the players to sign the card itself instead of 400 stickers. I could understand that angle. But ya, it's just annoying to see how much these cards that were in the 20s and 30s down to 10 and 8 bucks! No one wants them...
And my rambling is done for now.
TC

I didn't know much about Curt Simmons since his career was winding down just as I was begining to follow MLB. I just looked him up and he played 20 years in the bigs and was the last living member of the N.L. chmpion 1950 Phillies""**** Kids" team. He and Michigan State University's own Robin Roberts were the 2 main starting pitchers on that team. Seems to be a Hall of Very Good player with his nearly 200 wins and career longevity.