Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I didn't know much about Curt Simmons since his career was winding down just as I was begining to follow MLB. I just looked him up and he played 20 years in the bigs and was the last living member of the N.L. chmpion 1950 Phillies""**** Kids" team. He and Michigan State University's own Robin Roberts were the 2 main starting pitchers on that team. Seems to be a Hall of Very Good player with his nearly 200 wins and career longevity.
Kind of a Lew Burdette type - #3 starter, chewed up innings
Note that the 1950 **** Kids gets starred out !

I also love those jerseys and am excited about the possible rebrand of the Minnesota Wild to the Green and Gold of the North Stars. THAT BEING SAID, i am still annoyed 32 years later that the Dallas Stars exist and they were replaced by the WILD. Norm Greed, I mean Green, had absolutely no reason to leave Minnesota than greed.

(steps off of soapbox)

Last Mays card during his playing career.
I heard Rollie Fingers talking about Willie Mays a couple days ago. Mays' final appearance in baseball was against Fingers. He struck out the first AB, then hit a run-scoring single the 2nd AB. So Fingers got Willie's last strikeout, and gave up his last hit and RBI.

Gonna be posting some graded that I recently got back from SGC. Some good, some bad. I sent this card in because I didnt trust its authenticity.

View attachment 100031Niles206 by Darryl Crum II, on Flickr
That's only a 3? I know you can't see flaws all that well sometimes when the card is slabbed but geez.

I've been looking forward to seeing the grades you got on those cards especially the Ripken Traded and Henderson RC.