Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A great card of a great player. However, 1986 Topps football is one of the worst designs of the Era. I get where they were going with but man....
Talk about attractiveness being a subjective matter. I thought Topps did a great job with the 1986 set after years of rather boring designs. Outside of the 1985 set all the cards were white bordered and many were rather similar looking. Granted I am one who does not like glitzy looking cards (the more adjectives applied to a card, the less I like it) but I thought this more colorful design was a nice change..

Talk about attractiveness being a subjective matter. I thought Topps did a great job with the 1986 set after years of rather boring designs. Outside of the 1985 set all the cards were white bordered and many were rather similar looking. Granted I am one who does not like glitzy looking cards (the more adjectives applied to a card, the less I like it) but I thought this more colorful design was a nice change..
I guess I'm so used to the 90s and all the different designs competing the 80s and earlier cards just don't do it for me. But the player does make the card pop when they're elite.

Michael Irvin '89 Franchise Game
View attachment 102358
I was shocked to find out you had one of these already on our first trade. I have 2 sets of them and an extra Cowboys set which I was positive you would need but you didn't. Cool thing about the Irvin card is it is a 1988, one year before his RC!

Upon further review, I'm not sure if this Franchise Game set is a 1988 or 1989!?! Trading card database has it listed as 1989 like you do. Other guides over the past few decades list it as a 1988. Either way it is a really cool ioddball issue!

Last edited:
I was shocked to find out you had one of these already on our first trade. I have 2 sets of them and an extra Cowboys set which I was positive you would need but you didn't. Cool thing about the Irvin card is it is a 1988, one year before his RC!

Upon further review, I'm not sure if this Franchise Game set is a 1988 or 1989!?! Trading card database has it listed as 1989 like you do. Other guides over the past few decades list it as a 1988. Either way it is a really cool ioddball issue!
Ya I used to collect anything of Irvin I could find... then I hit a major financial pot hole and couldn't keep up anymore. I wish it were an '88 that way I could say I had something from his rookie season!

Back