Sportsbuy/Naxcom sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaderock

Prospect
For me...Here's why, the sellers are clueless and sportsbuy's customer service and policies are horrible.

Unfortunately, Sportsbuy, like Beckett's Marketplace, etc all do serve a purpose for my collection as there are always a "need" or a "want" on the site from time to time. I'm member 5193 which means I joined a LONG time ago. And in that time, I've had so many issues with them.

In the last month, I made 4 purchases after going 6 months without visiting their site. One transaction was finished ******. The other 3, all disasters! All three cards "meant" something to me Jersey # card, jersey # card and rare quad auto.

Problem Case #1:
Bought on 4/13: 1997 Collector's Edge Masters Night Games Prisms #19 Mark Brunell (Serial #8/250 - his Jersey # with the Jaguars)

Seller emails me several days later and states I'll send when I get back from my trip on the 18th. I was happy with the communication and left it at that. I had forgotten this purchase until 5/6 when I filed a dispute for Problem Case #2 (below). Just like #2, the card had not arrived and a refund was issued in the form of a credit to sportsbuy.com

Problem Case #2:

Bought on 4/19: 1999 Pacific Paramount Premiere Date #108 Mark Brunell (Serial #11/62 - his jersey # with the Saints)

Emailed seller on 4/29 and he finally updates it as "sent" on 4/30. However, due to the policy of sportsbuy, I may be SOL if I do not file a dispute by the 12th day which I did not. I did file a dispute on 5/6, 16 days after the purhase and voila got the card on 5/8 with a postmarked endicia stamp on 5/6...what kind of BS is that?

Problem Case #3: Sportsbuy allows buyers to list their want items with prices that are willing to pay. I have a total of $5772 in my current buy listings. To this date, sellers have executed 5 items from the list and all 5 have ended up as refunds because the wrong card was sent or the card mysterious never arrived.

Case #3 is no different. A seller executed this card on my buy list on 5/4 (which happened to trigger my memory of Case #2 and then case #1):
2004 Ultimate Collection Signature Quads Peyton Manning / Donovan Mcnabb / Byron Leftwich / Mark Brunell (Autographed - Serial #/5) at $225 plus an outrageous $8.60 for shipping!

Immediately upon receiving a sportsbuy confirmation, I checked to see what I bought. It was marked shipped on 5/4 and the seller listed a USPS tracking #. I checked the tracking # the next day, only to find out it was one digit short and I emailed the seller to get the the correct #. He replied - we'll do. We'll do became I'm sorry I got the numbers mixed up and it was the insurance # of which I paid for $300 so don't worry he said (except insurance numbers are vastly different from delivery confirmation #) and I'll mail out by the weekend. I said great but can I have insurance #...no reply. I patiently waited everyday for my mail as this card was a white whale of my at one point. Following the sportsbuy policy this time, I opened a dispute on the 10th day when it didn't arrive with mail that day. The sellers response to the dispute, was I though you got it since I didn't hear from you....and then the seller agreed to my dispute and a refund was credited to my sportsbuy cash account.

If you sent a $225 with insurance would you agree to the dispute that fast?!? In other words, the seller didn't have said card. UGH!
---
As for sportsbuy, emails concerning my transactions to the customer service and dispute addresses resulted in ZERO replies. Lastly, if I buy (or the seller executes) an item and I use a credit card, why isn't my credit card debited when the transaction fails?
---
Am I out of line in saying sportsbuy.com sucks?

My first purchase there never arrived and I did not know there was such a short period in which I had to file my dispute. The second time the item wasn't available so I got a refund. I did get $5 from them via a show promotion and spent it a month ago on two cards I needed for a set. One of them was the wrong item but at least the seller was cool about giving me a refund.

The original Naxcom was a great site. Especially when they had free shipping on all VIP members a few years ago. I used to spend ALOT there. These new owners though..

I was selling on there until about a year ago. I signed up for a free trial of the VIP service for a month with no obligations to buy it. There was no mention anywhere that you would have to cancel or it would keep charging you etc etc.. So I tried it and forgot about it mainly due to the lack of sales and no email updates. A few months later, I finally get a sale for a .20 card.. I log into my account and see that I OWE $40. They just continued to charge me. I did get them to cancel the charges but it was difficult to get through. I emailed, I called a few long distance numbers and left messages, I tried the "live help" which happened to never be live. I eventually got through with someone on email. All throughout the email conversations, they continued to try and sell me the VIP service. "If I try harder, I might make more sales" , "You have so much potential to make more money using this" etc etc. I was so irritated with this. I wanted to tell the guy off but I was just relieved to get the $40 off of my account.

So I ship out the .20 card that someone paid $2+ shipping on. I shipped in a bubble mailer because you're not supposed to use PWE's and it still ends up costing .04 into my .20. Where did the shipping money go? Fees.

I had around $1.50 in my account that I just left. One day, I went to the site just to check for any new RJ milestones and came across one for .25 + Shipping. Shipping was the $2+. So I ended buying the card for high BV and guess what? I got that card in a PWE.

I try and avoid that site all costs now.

I have never had a problem with them... I have not bought from them in awhile though as I think I tapped them out on stuff I need. Their live help feature was pretty good at one time.

From my experience, Sportsbuy/Naxcom was and IS the king of PWE shipping!

I would say Sportlots is the king of PWE shipping, even when you use their "Premium" feature where bubble mailers are supposedly required.