St. Lucie Mets IP (Jennry Mejia + Luis Castillo)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metrotheme

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
At the Mets complex in St Lucie, I got the following:

Sandy Alomar Sr. 2/2
Jennry Mejia - 1/1 - Sweetspot Ball - He was there rehabbing
Luis Castillo - 1/1 - Ball, SIDE PANELED. Even on rehab, Castillo is giving the big league treatment turning the ball to the side panel after asking for a sweet spot.
Darold Knowles - 2/2
Michael Barrett - 1/1 - He's catching for Single A Mets after playing all of those years in the majors..

The Mejia and Castillo baseballs are available if anyone wants them. I can provide pics.

Very nice. Any chance I can peel one of those Alomars off you in trade?

Also - what is Darold Knowles doing down there? Didn't realize he was with the organization.

Once I get my bench points up, I'd be willing to entertain a sale offer for one of the Alomar cards. Knowles was the coach for Dunedin who was playing the Mets that night.

I read the Mets plan to move him up to AAA after a few weeks. Santos was also at the complex on rehab but I didn't have anything for him to sign. The Mets are stockpiled with catchers in their organization.

Josh Thole is about to hit the shuttle back to AAA
They have JR House also at AAA
Omir Santos (injured) at AA
Luke Montz at AA

All of these guys have major league experience. Barrett said he might get back up if there is an injury, but it seems like Thole would be the first option.

He sounds like he is "Crash Davis-ing" a Nuke LaLoosh

At the Mets complex in St Lucie, I got the following:

Sandy Alomar Sr. 2/2
Jennry Mejia - 1/1 - Sweetspot Ball - He was there rehabbing
Luis Castillo - 1/1 - Ball, SIDE PANELED. Even on rehab, Castillo is giving the big league treatment turning the ball to the side panel after asking for a sweet spot.
Darold Knowles - 2/2
Michael Barrett - 1/1 - He's catching for Single A Mets after playing all of those years in the majors..

The Mejia and Castillo baseballs are available if anyone wants them. I can provide pics.

Is Alomar coaching down there?