Taking nominations for the 7th Annual Bench Buddy of the Year Award!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Please send me a PM with your nomination for a member who you think should be the Bench Buddy of the Year. Nominees should be someone who is not only a great trader but someone who carries on such Bench qualities as kindness, helpfullness and just being an all around great person to interact with.

EDIT: Per Randy from Last years awards After talking to a few of the former winners of this award they have ask me to make this a one time winner award. I know several of you have nominated a couple of our previous winners ,so if you would like to nominate someone else feel free to do so.

I will take PM's for 2 weeks, at which point the Mod team will go over all those that have been put up for nomination and put up a thread for everyone to vote on.

Nomination PM's will be posted on the final voting thread so everyone can learn about the member being put up for this award. Well written and specific nominations will better help the person you want to see win. If you just take the time to say "X member is cool so I think they should be Bench Buddy", I doubt that would even make it to the voting thread.

Have fun and I hope to see many PM's coming my way soon!

Previous winners--

DLackey--2005
Meliah--2006
Taliasen--2007
DavidK--2008
Cheiftazmisty--2009
greatdadx2--2010

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past they usually decline but there is no rule saying they can not win again. So far the only person to decline nominations is myself.

i was just asking because I remember last year randy had stated that he talked to former winners and said that it was going to be a one time award. Just wanted to clarify before i submit my nomination.

i was just asking because I remember last year randy had stated that he talked to former winners and said that it was going to be a one time award. Just wanted to clarify before i submit my nomination.

Thanks for bringing that up, after searching it out, Randy did turn this into a one time award win for members, So previous winners are not eligible to be nominated again.

Sorry to be a pain but I have one other question. Are moderators aloud to be nominated? I just submitted my nomination and was wondering if a moderator would be exempt from the award.

Thanks.

Bryon

After fielding some questions regarding Randy and nominations we have decided to rename this yearly award after Randy. So this is now, officially, The Randy Martin Bench Buddy of the Year Award:)

Randy always turned down nominations if they were for himself so we thought this kept with his spirit and wishes.

After fielding some questions regarding Randy and nominations we have decided to rename this yearly award after Randy. So this is now, officially, The Randy Martin Bench Buddy of the Year Award:)

Randy always turned down nominations if they were for himself so we thought this kept with his spirit and wishes.

A fitting tribute to on of the Bench's Best.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Matt
Thank you very much for doing that. Randy probably would of said dont do that. But I want to thank you and the mods for doing this. He was one hellva nice person and Bench member
Thanks again to you and the other Mods for doing this
Tom

Last edited:

Very classy. Thanks to the mod team for making that decision, it is most appropriate.

Last day for nominations! If you still want to recognize a member who you think is worthy of this title please send me a PM:)