Tell me this would not be fun to go though!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

For thousands of dollars, there had better be more than 'some cool cards in a few of the boxes'. Just from what we can read I'd be wary. Clicking on the photo took me to the photobucket. I see 86 Topps, 88 Topps, 88 Donruss, 87 T, what looks to be an 88F Factory set, 86 and 87 Fleer, a couple boxes labeled 'mix match'...the same stuff most of us can't get rid of without paying.

I just spent a few days digging through a dozen or so 2400 count boxes of that stuff and it was enough for me. It was my uncle's collection for his sons, and the sons gave it to me because they don't collect. Truly unsearched, my uncle bought boxes from his distributor (he managed a couple gas/service stations). I found some of the big rookies in the 1988-91 T, F, D, and maybe a wax box worth of 89 Score, to go along with the box of 94 Score we got the year my cousin went to Twins Fest with me. Here's what I pulled from the boxes he busted: I have 20 of the 22 1989 Topps rack pack all star inserts with about a dozen dupes, 6 of the 1990 Fleer All Stars with 1 dupe (Puckett), 1992 Topps Gold 286 Gilberto Reyes, 1992 Topps Shawn Green, Manny, 89S Smoltz, (3) 89T Jefferies, (3) 89T Sheff, (2) 89T Sandy Alomar, 89S Randy Johnson, (8) 89T Randy Johnson, (1)ea. of Glavine, Smoltz, Biggio(all 89T), (4) 90T Thomas, 3 Bernie's, 1 each of Belle, Sosa, and Walker (again, 90T), 1 each 1990F Walker and Gonzo. Several of these were found with dinged/bent corners. There were some sets and near sets from those years I mostly left intact.

A couple Christmases ago, the cousins gave me a 2400 ct box of 91T, I found most of the errors there. My eyes still hurt from looking for dots, reading names to see if Vincente Palacios was #348, 433, or 438 on checklist 5.