The 2022 Benchies - Best Autographed Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Very disappointing. Remember the old days there would be a dozen entries for every catagory in every sport? The good old days. Cant believe nobody wanted to participate. Sad because the site is only as good as we make it.

Very disappointing. Remember the old days there would be a dozen entries for every catagory in every sport? The good old days. Cant believe nobody wanted to participate. Sad because the site is only as good as we make it.

My thoughts exactly. I limited it to 3 categories because I assumed we would have 5-10 entries in each category and I would be swamped putting it all together.

I think they should be advertised differently. I saw a thread discussing categories, but was unclear on how to enter my submissions into confirmed categories.

Theres a dozen or so newer members that I thought for sure would play. I dont want to call anybody out but if you check out the show a random pic thread, there are 32 pages of beautiful cards. Plenty that I would have voted for over my own.

I think they should be advertised differently. I saw a thread discussing categories, but was unclear on how to enter my submissions into confirmed categories.

Did you message a MOD or post a question in the initial post - if we don't know of concerns, we can't help to rectify them.

I feel pretty confident that there was a note that entrants should send a photo and description of the card and the category it is for directly to me. There was at least a week of discussion about what categories there should be, followed by another amount of time to vote on those categories Followed by another week to allow for submissions. I am not trying to sound harsh, but that is at least 2+ weeks to get questions answered. It was also mentioned in the chat room that Benchies were coming up and going live. Not sure how much more needs to be done to let members know stuff is going on.

I never even knew these were a thing. I guess I need to spend some more time looking through the site so I can see all the stuff that is happening around me.

Hopefully will play in later versions of this.

This isn't directed at tglg - I am only using his quoted response.

How would everyone like this to be advertised/done differently? I have a super easy answer to it -- sign up to be a Moderator and run it next year. Everything should be done differently until you are the one in charge. If you don't check the Bench News forum for 2+ weeks or don't log in for 2+ weeks, that isn't on me.

In all honesty, as mentioned above, there were 2+ weeks of discussion about The Benchies coming back. There were multiple threads discussing the categories and voting for categories and what the final categories were. When I posted about what members would like to see to increase activity, The Benchies was one of the most mentioned items. In the end, 2 people sent entries in. In the end, apparently more members were able to find the "complain about it" thread, than the multiple threads discussing the actual Benchies.

So, I brought it back, and next year, someone else can run it and do it any way they want to. And based on me saying that, I would almost wager every last penny that I have that there will be a response either in this thread, or in my private messages that says something along the lines of, that's not what we meant, you did a good thing bringing back, don't let it die again after only one year.

And as I finalize typing this up - I can see in my "similar threads" list, the actual date of when The 15th Annual Benchies thread was posted -- it was July 20th - over a month ago.

I’m not directing this to this thread. Most of the contest/subscribed threads don’t make it to my inbox. I’m not sure what the issue is. I may get alerts on a 1/3rd of them. Usually to follow up I have to go to the “threads I’ve posted in” tab.

This isn't directed at tglg - I am only using his quoted response.

How would everyone like this to be advertised/done differently? I have a super easy answer to it -- sign up to be a Moderator and run it next year. Everything should be done differently until you are the one in charge. If you don't check the Bench News forum for 2+ weeks or don't log in for 2+ weeks, that isn't on me.

In all honesty, as mentioned above, there were 2+ weeks of discussion about The Benchies coming back. There were multiple threads discussing the categories and voting for categories and what the final categories were. When I posted about what members would like to see to increase activity, The Benchies was one of the most mentioned items. In the end, 2 people sent entries in. In the end, apparently more members were able to find the "complain about it" thread, than the multiple threads discussing the actual Benchies.

So, I brought it back, and next year, someone else can run it and do it any way they want to. And based on me saying that, I would almost wager every last penny that I have that there will be a response either in this thread, or in my private messages that says something along the lines of, that's not what we meant, you did a good thing bringing back, don't let it die again after only one year.

And as I finalize typing this up - I can see in my "similar threads" list, the actual date of when The 15th Annual Benchies thread was posted -- it was July 20th - over a month ago.

I am more than willing to help out where theBench needs me to! I would love to lessen the burden on everyone who does help keep this forum running.

I have never been a moderator before, and have a limited knowledge of how web sites and forums work, but I am able to learn and do my best to make this place better. Just let me know how I can help out.

I do travel for my job though, so there would be long periods of time where I am away from a computer (weeks to months away depending on when) but when I’m not on travel, I would love to help.

You are doing a good job trying to keep up with stuff on your own, but I understand just how daunting it can be.

Let me know what I can do.

I would also love to help especially with the idea of doing the whole "Bench Bucks" type of thing and doing auctions trying to give incentives for members and also to help bring more members in.