The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim, Somehow we are going to have to get the charity drive on the front page. I don't think most people know about the blue box with the Bench Charity drive.
I have been making a lot of trades and also buying YSL cards on the Bench. In the last 2 weeks are so I have been asked " What is YSL cards " , one was a veteran and the other was a HOF and yesterday someone asked where can I find the list of cards that the Bench wants.
One guy has completed the set and here we are with somewhere around 7000 members and we are only a 33 % complete.A lot of these new people don't know anything about it. We ought to start charging a couple YSL cards to join//////
I know we can't make anyone donate there cards but somehow we have to reach them and get them to want to help.
Sorry for the long letter but I get a little kicked off when I see all this trading and selling of these cards. Hope you can come up with some idea.
Leon

Tim, Somehow we are going to have to get the charity drive on the front page. I don't think most people know about the blue box with the Bench Charity drive.
I have been making a lot of trades and also buying YSL cards on the Bench. In the last 2 weeks are so I have been asked " What is YSL cards " , one was a veteran and the other was a HOF and yesterday someone asked where can I find the list of cards that the Bench wants.
One guy has completed the set and here we are with somewhere around 7000 members and we are only a 33 % complete.A lot of these new people don't know anything about it. We ought to start charging a couple YSL cards to join//////
I know we can't make anyone donate there cards but somehow we have to reach them and get them to want to help.
Sorry for the long letter but I get a little kicked off when I see all this trading and selling of these cards. Hope you can come up with some idea.
Leon

I have noticed this as well. I am afraid that I have been focusing too much on external marketing and PR and not talking up our charity drive enough here for our members to get excited about it. I already have a couple of ideas I will talk to Mark and Peter about. Thank you for your input!

Tal

Not every site is doing this. We actually started collecting the set from the begining. SCF just started collecting a few weeks ago. In the initial post over on SCF they actually mention our charity drive and that they hope to be able to help us by trading for dupes and in no way want to hurt our efforts for theirs. They are going to keep the proceeds all "in-house" where as we are are donating the proceeds to charity. I would be willing to bet that all of the other sites you claim are collecting the set are actually me posting on the sites, with approval, in an effort to get our drive more exposure.

Tal

If the list is up to date, I have these 4 to send....1219-1244-1822-1848.
Please pm me the address to send these to, thanks!

If the list is up to date, I have these 4 to send....1219-1244-1822-1848.
Please pm me the address to send these to, thanks!

Post it as "Free Cards" to Meliah and the address will show up. Thanks for your help!

Steph

The guys doing this are great, have traded with taliasen in the last couple of days. Willing to help you guys out to finish your sets with trades and once I'm done he will get whatever I have left over from my doubles I dont use for trade and if I ended it today they would get about 3000 of my doubles I have.

Its listed in the title bar at the top of the each page under YSL project isnt it? Not sure if thats just been added or what but hope thats the right addy cause I just sent out a few to it.

Shawn

Its listed in the title bar at the top of the each page under YSL project isnt it? Not sure if thats just been added or what but hope thats the right addy cause I just sent out a few to it.

Shawn

We have had the tab in the blue navigation bar on the top of every page for a couple of months now. Yes the address listed is the correct one for sending cards to. Thanks for your help!

Tal

Did you get the cards I sent? (4474 and 6603) When can I find an updated list the cards collected?

Thanks,

Jay

Did you get the cards I sent? (4474 and 6603) When can I find an updated list the cards collected?

Thanks,

Jay

Getting ready to update all cards sent within the last week or so right now. At the top of each page is the blue search bar, if you click on the "YSL project" you can see the card specifics.

PSA from our friends at Upper Deck. They will run a feature article about our YSL charity drive early nest week!

UpperDeckBlog.com Brings

Fresh Perspective to Online Sports Media

Sports card giant unveils robust sports blog to keep sports fans and collectors in the know

North Las Vegas, NV (April 30, 2009) – The Upper Deck Company is proud to announce another new online communication tool targeting sports fans and collectors: www.UpperDeckBlog.com. Featuring opinions, news and exclusive access to professional athletes and events, UpperDeckBlog.com provides entertaining content, while also bringing something entirely unique to the table.

“It was very important to us from the start, that this blog was more about creating compelling content and being an enthusiastic member of the already passionate online sports media community,” explained Toby Wachter, Upper Deck’s online media content manager. “Even though the blog is produced here in our Carlsbad [Calif.] offices, it’s not a ‘corporate blog’ by any means. We’re passionate about sports here, and this blog reflects that passion.”

A recent post at the new blog site concentrated on San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman’s appearance at company headquarters for a special ESPN Magazine photo shoot. Sporting his full Bolts uniform (and pads), the 6-4, 275-pound Merriman gladly sat amongst a pile of 12,000 Upper Deck sports cards for the winning shot.

Upper Deck’s first “Brag Photo of the Week” submission showed portions of the Chicago Bulls United Center floor from the team’s 1996 to 1998 championship seasons positioned right in the company’s own warehouse, pieces of which will be used in upcoming product launches. As the year goes on, the site will help reintroduce former collectors to the hobby, while it provides interesting content for current enthusiasts.

“There’s a whole audience out there that reads sports blogs regularly, and collected cards as kids, but probably lost track of the cool things our industry is doing now. So this blog is a good way to show them, ‘Hey, these days, if you buy a pack of Upper Deck cards you can find a Joe DiMaggio cut autograph, or maybe a game-used jersey card of LeBron James,’” said Wachter. “And yes, we even do crazy things like putting a strand of Abraham Lincoln’s hair onto our cards!”

Even though the Upper Deck blog will feature information about the company, the bottom line will be about providing engaging content.

“If we do that, people will recognize we’re producing quality posts and keep coming back for more,” said Wachter.

About Upper Deck

Upper Deck is the leading sports and entertainment trading card and collectibles company. For more information on Upper Deck and its products please visit www.upperdeck.com.

###​