The Bench - what can we do to ramp up the activity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ok its posted here...

snake means the order reverses in each round, so if I am first in round 1 I am last in round 2, etc. this is how almost all fantasy drafts go.

otherwise you'd re-randomize each round? that seems cumbersome.

if the same person picks first each round, it's pretty lopsided / lottery tickety, no?
no i dont think so...once its set then its the same for all five rounds...at some point with the snake draft one person would get two picks in a row...the players can trade their picks so that can be created if one wants to...read the rules and tell me what you think thanks

no i dont think so...once its set then its the same for all five rounds...at some point with the snake draft one person would get two picks in a row...the players can trade their picks so that can be created if one wants to...read the rules and tell me what you think thanks
yes the first and last picks will go twice in a row at the end of each round -- that's the point though, to make it more fair / even so the person with the last pick doesn't get crushed.

I think it's a fun idea either way and am in either way, but I strongly suggest adopting a snake draft. there's a reason ESPN, yahoo, etc. do their fantasy drafts this way.

yes the first and last picks will go twice in a row at the end of each round -- that's the point though, to make it more fair / even so the person with the last pick doesn't get crushed.

I think it's a fun idea either way and am in either way, but I strongly suggest adopting a snake draft. there's a reason ESPN, yahoo, etc. do their fantasy drafts this way.
You may be convincing me...originally the draft order was based on popularity of your cards submitted...the person that submits the nicest cards goes first...and so on...it is still randomized though right?

You may be convincing me...originally the draft order was based on popularity of your cards submitted...the person that submits the nicest cards goes first...and so on...it is still randomized though right?
yes, you randomize the order once at the start. so, for example, if there are 3 people and the random order is alex brian chet, the draft go go

Rd 1: alex brian chet
Rd 2: chet brian alex
Rd 3: alex brian chet
Rd 4: chet brian alex

maybe put it to a poll of the entrants once the list is settled?

though I don't mind setting the order based on total BV submitted that's a good idea too -- though even then I'd still vote for a snake draft.

Don, I think that is where I originally got the idea from...think I actually participated in the draft on the site once or twice...I have been talking with katester44...he said he will moderate and hold the cards...I would but going into my busy season at work...
Lol must be nice to have a busy season as that mean you will have funds for the hobby. Look forward to what you and Katester44 work up by following the discussion.

DON

I was thinking with the bench bucks, a way it can be done and would hopefully drum up some extra activity on theBench.

I never understood why we had them, but then remembered there used to be a way to spend them, I just never did before they went away.

What if we did something like this:

1) get 1 point per post
2) get 2 points per B/S/T thread started
3) get 3 points per non B/S/T thread started
4) get points for sending in cards to theBench - there would be limits on what could be sent, and one person would have to be in charge of deciding what the point values assigned to each card are
5) periodically (timeframe to be determined by person in charge of bench points) one of the cards that was sent to theBench is auctioned off, but only Bench points can be used.
6) only the winner of the auction loses their bench points, everyone else gets to keep them.
7) if you win the card, then it is sent to you free of charge! (Maybe we have the winner pay the shipping costs themselves though, that could get pricey for theBench to handle)
8) allow bench points to be traded between members. Maybe you’re not interested in using your bench points in the auctions, but someone loves them and they have a card you want, then just trade your bench points to them for the card!

Allowing members to trade bench points incentivizes them to trade on this forum over FB groups or other platforms.