The Hit Streak Contest - April

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

should have asked this sooner , but i do have one question regarding the DH....

can the player we select as a monthly DH still be picked as our daily pick for a game in that same month ?

if the answer is YES , my april DH and april 2nd pick in my first post is OK....

if the answer in NO , i'd like to have my april DH changed from jose altuve to jackie bradley

I was wondering the same thing about the DH.

should have asked this sooner , but i do have one question regarding the DH....

can the player we select as a monthly DH still be picked as our daily pick for a game in that same month ?

if the answer is YES , my april DH and april 2nd pick in my first post is OK....

if the answer in NO , i'd like to have my april DH changed from jose altuve to jackie bradley

I was wondering the same thing about the DH.

No - whomever you select as your DH can not be used as a daily hitter. With that info, changes can be made up until first pitch of the first game of the day, so if you want to change your DH for the month, needs to be done by 1pm today.

I am putting my picks in right now. Please remember to edit your initial post, as that will make it easier for me to keep track of the game. Also remember, this game is 100% on the honor system and is for fun and entertainment only.

And the first Hit Streak Contest of 2017 is underway. 16 participants - haven't looked at the side bets yet.

Threes Strikes - NONE

Two Strikes - NONE

One Strike - katester44, david k., benski3, mrknicks, hurls88, bearpup, chieftazmisty

No Strikes - anglinomics, mm1sub, cmcjr99, chief wahoo, greatdadx2, topaz77, quota, tennellson55, scc76

Rizzo carried the day for most of you. Your esteemed host once again starts off with a strike, deja vu all over again. Been way to busy at work and with baseball, will get the prizes posted up as soon as I can.

First pitch today is at 1:05PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. Still time to get entered, only a one strike penalty at this point.

Thanks and good luck to all playing this year.

And the first Hit Streak Contest of 2017 is underway. 16 participants/3 side bets (david k./chieftazmisty/tennelson55)

Threes Strikes - NONE

Two Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*

One Strike - katester44, david k., anglinomics, cmcjr99, benski3, quota, hurls88, bearpup

No Strikes - mm1sub, chief wahoo, greatdadx2, topaz77, tennellson55, scc76

There is nothing better than following box scores while you are supposed to be working. What a great week!! The hoops National Championship. Lots of Day Baseball. The Masters. Couple of folks have picked up their second strikes already. And over half already have their first strike.

First pitch today is at 2:10PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. Still time to get entered, only a two strike penalty at this point.

I don't know if I continue the original post or start another for next dates?

april 5-d.j. lemahieu
6-daniel murphy
7-charlie Blackmon
8-jean segura
9-mookie betts
10-dustin pedroia

Last edited:
I don't know if I continue the original post or start another for next dates?

april 5-d.j. lemahieu
6-daniel murphy
7-charlie Blackmon
8-jean segura
9-mookie betts
10-dustin pedroia

If you don't mind, please just edit your original post with picks. Thanks.

And the first Hit Streak Contest of 2017 is underway. 16 participants/3 side bets (david k./chieftazmisty/tennelson55)

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*

Two Strikes - katester44, anglinomics, cmcjr99, quota

One Strike - david k., chief wahoo, benski3, topaz77, hurls88, bearpup

No Strikes - mm1sub, greatdadx2, tennellson55, scc76

Three up, three down for a couple of entrants! Lots more with two strikes already and than there are the four that know how to pick hitters!

First pitch today is at 1:10PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. No more entrants at this point.

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*

Two Strikes - katester44, anglinomics, cmcjr99, quota

One Strike - david k., chief wahoo, benski3, topaz77, hurls88, bearpup

No Strikes - mm1sub, greatdadx2, tennellson55, scc76

Three up, three down for a couple of entrants! Lots more with two strikes already and than there are the four that know how to pick hitters!

First pitch today is at 1:10PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. No more entrants at this point.

at least i went out with good company i think this is the first time i went out with three straight strikes
good luck to all the rest of you and i will be back next month to win it all

Chief

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*, katester44, anglinomics

Two Strikes - cmcjr99, quota, bearpup

One Strike - david k.*, chief wahoo, benski3, greatdadx2, topaz77, hurls88, bearpup, tenellson55*

No Strikes - mm1sub, scc76

Two more take a seat after the 4th day - thank you Jose Altuve for a stellar 0 - 6 night....Three folks saved by the DH yesterday, the host must be some sort of genius for adding that to the game! Only two remain undefeated!

First pitch today is at 12:35PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. No more entrants at this point.

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*, katester44, anglinomics, cmcjr99

Two Strikes - david k.*, quota, hurls88, bearpup, tennelson55*

One Strike - mm1sub, chief wahoo, benski3, greatdadx2, topaz77

No Strikes - scc76

Another contestant takes a seat on Day 5. And we are down to one with no strikes. Good luck through the weekend.

First pitch today is at 1:05PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. No more entrants at this point.

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*, katester44, anglinomics, cmcjr99, david k.*, chief wahoo, topaz77, quota, hurls88, bearpup, tenellson55*, scc76

Two Strikes - mm1sub, benski3, greatdadx2

One Strike - none

No Strikes - none

Sorry for the delay in getting this updated. We are down to our last 3 contestants - all with two strikes.

First pitch today is at 1:05PM, make sure you get your picks posted by than. No more entrants at this point.

Will have the prizes updated momentarily so you know what you are playing for. I added a new section to it this year, (E) - TTM AU's of MLB Network personalities - none have come back yet from the 2017 Topps insert set, but as they do, will add them up. Right now, the only one available is Heidi Watney from the 2016 A/G set.

Still searching for the MLB Network inserts - 1 2 9, if anyone has them, will trade to get them, so I can get them sent out to try to include in the contest.

I have MLB Network insert #2 if you still need it. Would trade for any one Topps Gold #/. Thanks, Scott

That would be great. Here are the Golds that I have:
Gold Border (#’d/2017):
98 guera
186 cashner
201 rosario
297 desclafani
330 fister
335 hoffman

Post up whichever you would like and PWE would be fine on my end. Thanks.

Threes Strikes - mrknicks, chieftazmisty*, katester44, anglinomics, cmcjr99, david k.*, chief wahoo, topaz77, quota, hurls88, bearpup, tenellson55*, scc76, greatdadx2, benski3

Two Strikes - mm1sub

One Strike - none

No Strikes - none

And in the blink of an eye, it is over. Manny Machado brings home the contest win for mm1sub. Got another TTM AU back yesterday and have added it to the prize list - hoping that 4 or 5 more make it back pretty quickly. If you want to wait a bit before selecting your cards, that is fine, to see who else I get back - that is fine.

The May Contest will go live on May 1st - hope to see everyone back again, plus some new blood. Side bet - lost two (Tennelsson55 & David K.), won one (chieftazmisty) - will keep a tally and those bets will pay out after the September contest.

Still searching for the MLB Network inserts - 1 9, if anyone has them, will trade to get them, so I can get them sent out to try to include in the contest.

Thanks for the contest!!

I would like the following cards:

GROUP A (AU):
2010 Topps Peak Performance Glen Perkins Twins

GROUP B (GU):
Tim Hudson:01 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game

GROUP C (GU):
DELMON YOUNG:05 BOWMAN BDP FUTURE'S GAME JERSEY DEVIL RAYS

GROUP D:
Tom Seaver/Johnny Bench:04 Fleer Greats Battery Mates SN1979

Once again thanks for the contest!!!

Bryon