THIS is a 5????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCCG = pay to get it encased. Don't expect anything from the number (why exactly do they even put a number on there?)

It's the BCCG rating which is not a fully graded card. I don't know what criteria they use but the card would grade a 1 = poor if fully graded.

That is a Photoshop job if I've ever seen one..............The grade stands out to much in my opinion................It's a 1 at best...............Do graded cards ride that high up in the holder anyway? I don't have any, but that just looks odd..............

Its just the company BCCG.. there grading as they said already.. you are just paying for encasing it!! I doubt the seller would photoshop the picture.. he would still have to mail the card and he has 2000+ feedback!

Its just the company BCCG.. there grading as they said already.. you are just paying for encasing it!! I doubt the seller would photoshop the picture.. he would still have to mail the card and he has 2000+ feedback!

The BCCG stands for Beckett Collector Card Grading and as I said before was not a fully graded card so grades are always higher than a fully graded card. I don't think Beckett has the Collector Club anymore. I personally have never bought a BCCG graded card for the reason above.

Are you sure that this guy doesn't work for beckett? or knows someone from beckett? lol

BCCG grades are very deceptive:

BCCG 5 is "Poor or Better" A Better View
BCCG 6 is "Good or Better"
BCCG 7 is "VG or Better"
BCCG 8 is "EX or Better"
BCCG 9 is "NM or Better"
BCCG 10 is "Mint or Better"

Since poor is the worst grade possible, it is accurately graded according to that worthless scale. I can't believe Beckett actually provides this service that can easily be used to deceive people.

- Britt

BCCG grades are very deceptive:

BCCG 5 is "Poor or Better" A Better View
BCCG 6 is "Good or Better"
BCCG 7 is "VG or Better"
BCCG 8 is "EX or Better"
BCCG 9 is "NM or Better"
BCCG 10 is "Mint or Better"

Since poor is the worst grade possible, it is accurately graded according to that worthless scale. I can't believe Beckett actually provides this service that can easily be used to deceive people.

- Britt

Great description. A BCCG 5 therefore is approximately equivalent to a PSA 1. I don't fault the seller in the 73 Clemente example that Britt provided. There's a clear scan and the graded card label is legible. However, the seller of the Bill Dickey card should be ashamed of themselves. They made the graded card label blurry enough so that it becomes hard to see what BCCG 5 actually is. Wonder if anyone will actually buy it, and if so, what they'd think upon opening the envelope to see the card...

wow, that's ridiculous lol. Even if you tore it in half they'd probably give it a 4 min!