Today's Mail... Good read!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
This post really got me thinking. I really thought why I liked autographs so much and because of that I'm going to start this new project. I realized that autographs are more than just ink on a page, they're a story and the autographs I tend to like most, have a great story to go along with them. It's not about how much it's worth to anyone else, it's about how much it's worth to you. That's why I don't really see the point in buying scribbles like this. These autos mean so much more to me because they took their time to write their full name and I also have a cool story and Q&A to go along with it. Some of the players on this list of the oldest living baseball players have long since been forgotten by most, but I want to show them and make their day by letting them know that their moment in the limelight hasn't been forgotten and it still interesting to a young autograph seeker years later. If you would like to send them one, I have a few made up, and I can make anyone else you would like of these customs. I have some other autos that I got today, but I'm going to save those for another post. Thanks for reading!

Red Borom
boromindex.jpgboromcustom.jpg
boromqa.jpg

Alex Pitko
pitkoindex.jpgpitkoqa.jpg

Congrats
Nice pick ups
Job well done
Thank you for sharing the Q7A,s with us. Your read was also very good. Keep up the great job
Chief

Your vintage autographs are awesome! I enjoy getting vintage catchers & Reds myself. Those customs look super!!!!!

Nice stuff Jesse, indeed remembering the "unsung heroes" of days past is one of the main reasons I embarked on my collection of Jewish players. Always nice reading about your successes. Best, Rob.

Terrific successes! I love Red Borom's comment about the Nat's knuckleballer. Rick Ferrell had to catch all of them, and I heard he made that look easy. That had to have been the toughest season behind the plate for any catcher.