Topps Comes through!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PitofSteel

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I bought a box of 2010 Allen & Ginter at the last card show I did. I opened the box and pulled one relic of Ricky Nolasco and I was kinda upset spending 80 bucks and only pulling one thing. I know Topps never guarantees anything but still. So I wrote Topps last week and sent them all the info they require.

Today in the mail I recieved a Billy Butler Game Used Jersey and an Adam Lind Game Used Jersey From Topps. Nothing Stellar but it only took Topps 4 days to turn them around. Im impressed by how quick they were on this.

Thanks
Chris

Anytime Topps or any company makes good it was worth the time contact them. I sent them a 2010 Jeter Relic that was flawed when produced. See Pic below. Check the upper right hand conner. Hope they do good on that one.

2010-07-28-1949-31-1.jpg

I agree with Chris! Fast first class service...No waiting for months and sometimes years! Hats off to Topps! Best regards, David PS Now if that Strasburg finest card gets here..in a week!

Topps has been responsive in the past replacing damaged cards. But their relatively new regulations requiring wrappers and boxes and receipts shouldn't be necessary. If a card is damaged in production and not caught by Topps and thus released into their product, they should feel obliged to replace it with an undamaged version of the card no matter how that card showed up in the hands of the collector. Or they should tighten up quality control and stop releasing damaged cards. That's just how I feel.

Topps has been responsive in the past replacing damaged cards. But their relatively new regulations requiring wrappers and boxes and receipts shouldn't be necessary. If a card is damaged in production and not caught by Topps and thus released into their product, they should feel obliged to replace it with an undamaged version of the card no matter how that card showed up in the hands of the collector. Or they should tighten up quality control and stop releasing damaged cards. That's just how I feel.

So if you knowingly buy a damaged card for a fraction of what it's worth in Mint, Topps should upgrade you for free?

So if you knowingly buy a damaged card for a fraction of what it's worth in Mint, Topps should upgrade you for free?

If the policy is to not release damaged cards, or to replace them if they are damaged, then buying the damaged card to have it replaced isn't a problem. A card damaged in production doesn't change because it is bought instead of opened up and found in a pack by someone else. Again, this is just my opinion. I know Topps doesn't share this opinion or they wouldn't have instituted the policy of wrapper/box/receipt along with damaged card.

If the policy is to not release damaged cards, or to replace them if they are damaged, then buying the damaged card to have it replaced isn't a problem. A card damaged in production doesn't change because it is bought instead of opened up and found in a pack by someone else. Again, this is just my opinion. I know Topps doesn't share this opinion or they wouldn't have instituted the policy of wrapper/box/receipt along with damaged card.

My problem is proving it happened in production. After Topps gets the cards to their distributors/dealers, then what? If the distributor ships it out and the delivery driver tosses the case out of the truck, what did Topps do wrong? If the dealers 7 year old son brings his dad a box and trips, sending it flying, what did Topps do wrong? Missing foil, blank back, wrong back, sure, production issues. What if it gets to Target or Wal Mart and a pack searcher damages it and someone else buys it, puts it in their case for 10% BV because it is now creased, you buy it for $20, why does Topps owe you a $200 card when it left their property undamaged?

In addition, the sheer manpower it would take to make sure cards didn't get shipped out undamaged would lead to $15-20 packs of base Topps. You'd have to have people check the plates after every sheet rolled off, inspect every card as it left the press, got stamped with foil, got serial numbered, got cut from the sheet, decollated, placed into packs, inspect the packs as they got sealed, as they got put boxed, as the boxes got put in cases, as the cases got sealed, as they got stored, when they moved from storage to shipping, when they got loaded on the trucks, when they arrived at the destinations...

I bought a box of 2010 Allen & Ginter at the last card show I did. I opened the box and pulled one relic of Ricky Nolasco and I was kinda upset spending 80 bucks and only pulling one thing. I know Topps never guarantees anything but still. So I wrote Topps last week and sent them all the info they require.

Today in the mail I recieved a Billy Butler Game Used Jersey and an Adam Lind Game Used Jersey From Topps. Nothing Stellar but it only took Topps 4 days to turn them around. Im impressed by how quick they were on this.

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris
Great get back from Topps.
Now I have to tell you this Chris. You know Fatboyboycards and I met in Pgh For a game. Well I went to the holy land in Latrobe saw the Black and Gold practice. Well an old friend of mine i saw asks me what i was doing Sat night Well anyway He has saeson tickets to the Steelers on the 50 yd line 2 rows back. So look for me at the game
Later
Tom

Good for you. Topps has always come through for me. From last eyars A&G i pulled a auto of some speed skater. Waited months and called for a replacement. Now with upper deck they asked me what team i like and i say phillies and i never get a Phillies card but Topps asked me what team i like and i said phillies.. Well they sent me this....
HAMELSCOLEAUTOGUGUGU.jpg

I recently had a case issue (few missing GU's and others) and they got my stuff back to me within a week. Personally, I like the new policy, because otherwise you could have people just saying this was missing without actually buying anything, and in the end we'd all lose on that...Everyone should have to prove they bought it, shouldn't be that hard, assuming someone really did buy it.