Topps Diamond Giveaway up again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Well, it looks as though it's down again. I put in 3 codes last night, and each were 1973 cards, so maybe they were having a glitch.

I've had a couple of reasonable offers, they are few and far between, but they've been reasonable nonetheless...

Well...I suppose I do tend to complain a lot. (It's hard to change who you are at heart!) I really consider the "reasonable" trades, when the cards are within a few years or so. If someone offers two Tigers for a slightly older single card...I'll do it. (Not that they could know I like Tigers.) I'll even trade a junk wax-era card for two that are a little newer. For example, if someone offered me two 2000 cards for a junk 1989...I'll do it. What drives me crazy are the offers of a 1980 common straight up for a die-cut card. A 1987 Tony Gwynn in exchange for my 1957 card. When I create trades, I think I'm pretty fair. I'll offer three 1974 commons for a 1976 Tiger common, but very few folks bite. (You know...I'll select a card that has lots of copies in circulation, too.)

Well, that is some of my Diamond Topps trading philosophy. Not that you asked. =)

Well...I suppose I do tend to complain a lot. (It's hard to change who you are at heart!) I really consider the "reasonable" trades, when the cards are within a few years or so. If someone offers two Tigers for a slightly older single card...I'll do it. (Not that they could know I like Tigers.) I'll even trade a junk wax-era card for two that are a little newer. For example, if someone offered me two 2000 cards for a junk 1989...I'll do it. What drives me crazy are the offers of a 1980 common straight up for a die-cut card. A 1987 Tony Gwynn in exchange for my 1957 card. When I create trades, I think I'm pretty fair. I'll offer three 1974 commons for a 1976 Tiger common, but very few folks bite. (You know...I'll select a card that has lots of copies in circulation, too.)

Well, that is some of my Diamond Topps trading philosophy. Not that you asked. =)

I don't make too many offers there, but I've made a few trades. I have the same notion about the junk era stuff. You are right, the junk for die cut gets just plain annoying.

There have been very few trade offers that I have made that I
didn't get the message that the cards being offered have a higher
value than the one being requested.

The ones I would like to trade for is the ones from 1975 and then
the die-cuts. On everyone of these I always try and offer more
value and I have made a couple of successful trades on there

I will trade way in your favor with vintage if you have the regular version Rickey Henderson Diamond Cut card.

Tal

I will trade way in your favor with vintage if you have the regular version Rickey Henderson Diamond Cut card.

Tal

I don't have but one die-cut right now and I just traded a Tim Hudson
for it. Somebody traded me a Hanley Ramirez for the Hudson.