Topps has MLB Exclusive for 2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

this is crazy. I think I am going to boycott Topps for the sake of the hobby and buy UD next year lol. Go Twins
As stated earler, Upper Deck has the same exclusive contract for Hockey, so you'd need to boycott them too. And Panini/Donruss has it for Basketball, so put them on your boycott list. Looks like you'll be buying a lot of Fleer next year - no wait, they're out of business. I hope you enjoy your year of no cards.

As stated earler, Upper Deck has the same exclusive contract for Hockey, so you'd need to boycott them too. And Panini/Donruss has it for Basketball, so put them on your boycott list. Looks like you'll be buying a lot of Fleer next year - no wait, they're out of business. I hope you enjoy your year of no cards.

That's a good point. You can't really fault Topps on this. If you look at this thing negatively, MLB would be to blame.
-Casey

That's a good point. You can't really fault Topps on this. If you look at this thing negatively, MLB would be to blame.
-Casey

I could not agree more. I just think that a little competition is good for the hobby. Yes I am happy that Topps won out but I would prefer there to be another company to keep them honest.

Thanks,

Jeff

I just wish Donruss was back in it. I collected UD primarily since 2005 when Donruss lost out but their customer service is garbage and a lot of the products they produce just don't excite me enough. And don't get me started on Topps...Looks like I can focus on my vintage stuff;)

Dewayne

I don't know where I have been to just be seeing this now. But I am SHOCKED and OUTRAGED. Luckily for me Maddux retired and I wont be buying new product much anyhow, however, My interest in the hobby has declined steadily since Donruss was kicked to the curb and this will solidify my Non interest in buying new boxes. Singles are where its at for me.

The MLB wants to attract Kids to a hobby dominated by deeper pockets, yet they will still want to produce cards on higher quality stock, with Superstar Names for auto's. That cost the company money so it will cost the kids money. Returning to the days of 50cent packs full of junk cardboard that is overly produced is obviously not in the picture. Granted with inflation the 1.99 First pitch, opening day products ar the new 50cent packs, But why do the first pitch and opening days sets have to mirror the main sets with little to no real variation?

IMO the card producig companies are out of ideas, which is fine, card collecting is for people who love it, but personally I would rather have 4 companies making cards with a limit of 6-7 Products a year, as opposed to 1 or maybe 2 companies making up to 20 sets a year. Variety is the spice of life, and taking us down to one manufacturer makes collecting bland.