Topps Million Card Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Give it time guys, just go back later and log in your codes if it's not working right now.

For those of you complaining about the cards and calling it a scam I just don't understand why the fuss? Do you really expect every code to be something amazing? If so then I would not like to be around you when you open up baseball boxes, play a lottery ticket or get stuck behind a red light. Life is too short to be negative about the little things:D

i saw in the blowout cards forum a person got a 1952 dick gernart rookie, bv $250

if i ever can get signed in i have about 10 to try

rob

Yea, I don't expect anything big - but the chance is there. I'd just like to register to get one in though! That's the problem, we're used to ripping packs, not waiting for websites! Ahhh that instant gratification......

I saw briefly that I got a 1985 Chris Speier and then it quit on my 2nd redemption. I can't get the website to display anything (all the kids are back from school and flooded the site).

While viewing the 85 Speier (in full color at least - nice!), I noticed it said "you have qty 1 of this card". Does that imply there are multiple copies of cards? If so, it makes the contest much less attractive. Topps isn't likely to pass out mulitples of '52 Mantle. I wonder if they have inserts going, too.

Keep posting your hits here - it's interesting even if it is a common from 1988 Topps!

One thing I can't believe is that people are paying $1.00 per game card on EvilBay! That being said, I wouldn't sell mine for $1.00 - the opportunity is too interesting.

In theory, so long as there aren't multiple variations of the 80s-current commons, if you have 50-60 of these game cards then you should get "one from each year"... pretty good odds on something interesting when you consider the 50s, 60s and early 70s.

The big question... condition! Are these going to be from the archives or from the secondary market.

Still fun, no matter.

Last edited:
Give it time guys, just go back later and log in your codes if it's not working right now.

For those of you complaining about the cards and calling it a scam I just don't understand why the fuss? Do you really expect every code to be something amazing? If so then I would not like to be around you when you open up baseball boxes, play a lottery ticket or get stuck behind a red light. Life is too short to be negative about the little things:D

Yes - it's better than Topps Town!

Got them all unlocked. I hit a stretch where it went pretty quickly. The next hurdle is to get on "my collection" so I can get a list together.

I got cards from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Did get the HR Leader Card from 1980.

Shep

tribefan - it's the million card giveaway. If you had one of every topps set from '51 on, you'd only end up with, like, 35,000 cards. There's probably going to be much more stuff from the 80s on up. The fact that I've been able to snag 2/8 pre-'80s cards is nice, plus... it is just fun being able to reminice about all of the old cards...
:)
-Casey

Toby Atwell 1952

Toby Atwell / Catcher / Chicago Cubs

Card ID Number: 356
Curt Blefary 1971

Curt Blefary / First Base / New York Yankees

Card ID Number: 131
Ken Henderson 1972

Ken Henderson / Outfield / San Francisco Giants

Card ID Number: 444
Tom Seaver 1987

Tom Seaver / Pitcher / Boston Red Sox

Card ID Number: 425
Mike Schmidt 1987

Mike Schmidt / Third Base / Philadelphia Phillies

Card ID Number: 430
Robin Yount 1987

Robin Yount / Outfield / Milwaukee Brewers

Card ID Number: 773
Bob Melvin 1988

Bob Melvin / Catcher / San Francisco Giants

Card ID Number: 41
Ricky Bones 1995

Ricky Bones / Pitcher / Milwaukee Brewers

Card ID Number: 35
Ryan Klesko 1998

Ryan Klesko / Outfield / Atlanta Braves

Card ID Number: 65
Jack Wilson 2005

Jack Wilson / Shortstop / Pittsburgh Pirates

Card ID Number: 39
Jeff Salazar 2007

Jeff Salazar / Outfield / Colorado Rockies

Card ID Number: 272

Toby Atwell 1952

Toby Atwell / Catcher / Chicago Cubs

Card ID Number: 356
Curt Blefary 1971

Curt Blefary / First Base / New York Yankees

Card ID Number: 131
Ken Henderson 1972

Ken Henderson / Outfield / San Francisco Giants

Card ID Number: 444
Tom Seaver 1987

Tom Seaver / Pitcher / Boston Red Sox

Card ID Number: 425
Mike Schmidt 1987

Mike Schmidt / Third Base / Philadelphia Phillies

Card ID Number: 430
Robin Yount 1987

Robin Yount / Outfield / Milwaukee Brewers

Card ID Number: 773
Bob Melvin 1988

Bob Melvin / Catcher / San Francisco Giants

Card ID Number: 41
Ricky Bones 1995

Ricky Bones / Pitcher / Milwaukee Brewers

Card ID Number: 35
Ryan Klesko 1998

Ryan Klesko / Outfield / Atlanta Braves

Card ID Number: 65
Jack Wilson 2005

Jack Wilson / Shortstop / Pittsburgh Pirates

Card ID Number: 39
Jeff Salazar 2007

Jeff Salazar / Outfield / Colorado Rockies

Card ID Number: 272

Nice hit on the '52

Two cards, 1987 Topps Tony Gwynn & even better a 1994 Topps Kevin Appier.
25 minutes down the drain..
Anyway, at least gwynn is a HOF, but both cards are apart of 20000 I gave away to the WV Collection during the month before christmas. Maybe they gave them $10 for the box to donate back to topps. lol

I wonder if it's one for one or it's first come, first served ? Meaning, is the code I have always the same giveaway or is it random ? It's probably explained somewhere....

I got these:

1970 Rookie Stars Card 1970

1970 Rookie Stars Card / / Washington Senators

Card ID Number: 154

1971 Rookie Stars Card 1971

1971 Rookie Stars Card / / Minnesota Twins

Card ID Number: 391

Dann Bilardello 1990

Dann Bilardello / Catcher / Pittsburgh Pirates

Card ID Number: 682

Calvin Schiraldi 1990

Calvin Schiraldi / Pitcher / San Diego Padres

Card ID Number: 693

Mike Stanley 1993

Mike Stanley / Catcher / New York Yankees

Card ID Number: 359

Mike Munoz 1993

Mike Munoz / Pitcher / Detroit Tigers

Card ID Number: 379

Chris Seddon 2005

Chris Seddon / Pitcher / Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Card ID Number: 300

With it running so slowly, why not just wait a few days and do it then? You're still going to get the same card for your code. It's obvious that Topps' planning for the launch of this site is as good as its customer service - abysmal. I love the fact that they waited to launch it on a holiday when more people are home from work or school and resulting in even more traffic to the site. Good luck!