Topps Million Card Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I only opened a few packs of 2010 Topps and pulled only one of these Giveaway cards.

I entered mine just now and got:

1956 Topps 167 Harry Dorish (BAL) ($12)

Depending on how much it costs to ship, I may take this one!

Scobes

Just entered another code and came up with

1985 Topps #2 Steve Garvey

So far, nothing worth the cost to have them shipped to me.

I've done halfway decent - 2 from the 50's (including a '53 Ed Yuhas - a Pitcher on the Cardinals), 5 from the 60's, 7 from '72 - including 2 Cubs - and the rest from the 80s to today. I had about 35 to enter. I'm trying to use the new ones to put together an '87 topps Cubs team set. Would probably ship that one back to myself.
-Casey

Do you think they will stamp the cards with something noting them as part of the million card give away or just leave them as is?

The odds of pulling something awesome are slim in my opinion. I listed a lot of 40 unredeemed codes on eBay the other day. When I checked this morning before work, the bidding was up to $37.50, with 9 people "watching" and 5 days to go yet. Caching!

From my 14 codes, nothing wonderful...

Don Mincher 1962
Don Mincher / First Base / Minnesota Twins
Card ID Number: 386

Jim Perry 1971
Jim Perry / Pitcher / Minnesota Twins
Card ID Number: 500

Ken Boswell 1974
Ken Boswell / Second Base / New York Mets
Card ID Number: 645

Gary Allenson 1980
Gary Allenson / Catcher / Boston Red Sox
Card ID Number: 376

Len Whiehouse 1985
Len Whiehouse / Pitcher / Minnesota Twins
Card ID Number: 406

Darrell Porter 1985
Darrell Porter / Catcher / St. Louis Cardinals
Card ID Number: 525

MIke Schmidt 1988
Mike Schmidt / Third Base / Philadelphia Phillies
Card ID Number: 600

Damon Berryhill 1991
Damon Berryhill / Catcher / Chicago Cubs
Card ID Number: 188

Jim Gott 1991
Jim Gott / Pitcher / Los Angeles Dodgers
Card ID Number: 606

Pedro Astacio 1993
Pedro Astacio / Pitcher / Los Angeles Dodgers
Card ID Number: 93

Chris Sabo 1993
Chris Sabo / Third Base / Cincinnati Reds
Card ID Number: 245

Marvin Benard 2002
Marvin Benard / Outfield / San Francisco Giants
Card ID Number: 386

Adam Dunn 2005
Adam Dunn / Outfield / Cincinnati Reds
Card ID Number: 80

Victor Zambrano 2005
Victor Zambrano / Pitcher / New York Mets
Card ID Number: 478

Entered 4 more today. I have manged to pull 2 Vintage Braves but I already had both. O well at least I got a RC for my collection.

1966 White Sox Rookies - #164
1969 Clete Boyer - #489 Braves
1993 Calvin Jones - #664 Rockies
2005 Kevin Brown - 547 Yankees

Vince

I don't think it's a scam. If you don't want the card, you don't have to pay to have it shipped. You get a free chance at a card that could be valuable. If you do want it, you can pay to get it. I think it's a great promotion!

I don't think it's a scam. If you don't want the card, you don't have to pay to have it shipped. You get a free chance at a card that could be valuable. If you do want it, you can pay to get it. I think it's a great promotion!

I agree. While I am not a fan of Topps and their customer service, I think it's a great promotion. It doesn't influence my decision on whether or not to buy 2010 Topps packs/boxes, but it is an interesting chase product if I do buy any packs/boxes. Anyone who complains about the promotion (other than the shoddy planning and execution of the website) had unrealistic expectations. How could you not expect the majority of cards to be from 1986 on? It only makes sense that the cards given away would be proportional to print runs. Good luck to everyone and just appreciate the fact that you have a shot at getting some nice vintage cards.

Here are my 2:
John Thomson 2005
John Thomson / Pitcher / Atlanta Braves

Rudy Law 1985
Rudy Law / Outfield / Chicago White Sox

I think I am going to grab some more packs tonight for more codes

Yeah, I haven't bought any 2010 products yet, but I like seeing who is getting what. Keep posting them, guys.

BTW, is there a spot on the Topps site where you can see what has been redeemed so far? I looked around for a minute, but didn't see a spot for that.

Linn

Yeah, I haven't bought any 2010 products yet, but I like seeing who is getting what. Keep posting them, guys.

BTW, is there a spot on the Topps site where you can see what has been redeemed so far? I looked around for a minute, but didn't see a spot for that.

Linn

The only search I could find is to click on "propose trade" and then it provides a search where you can type "Mantle" and see which ones are already redeemed. If you type "Yount" you will see that there are multiple redemptions from the newer sets (late 80s / early 90s).

You can enter just the year and get all the cards for a set, too.

Of course, this option probably only works if you have a redeemed card in your collection. If you haven't redeemed one yet, you might not have access to what I'm seeing.

Here's my 5 :

1977 Rob Dressler - Giants
1965 Sammy Ellis - Reds
1987 Ed Hearn - Mets
2005 Cliff Lee - Indians
1986 Dave Winfield - Yankees

Linn

You do need to redeem something then go to trade and search as stated before. I did a Mantle search just for fun.

Mickey Mantle 1956

Mickey Mantle / New York Yankees

Card ID Number: 135

Mickey Mantle 1958

Card ID Number: 487

Mickey Mantle 1958

Mickey Mantle 1958