Review Topps Tribute

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Tribute

6 packs per box - 3 cards per pack
3 on card autos and 3 memorabilia cards per box

I received these:

img711_zpskr5bmyok.jpg

10 unique base cards - making an assumption that the base set is 100 - 10% of the base set.

Tribute is a super premium issue. The cards are very thick and have a mirror/refractor finish on the front of the card. The player is the focus of the card - not the graphics or logos or design enhancements.

Tribute is a mixture of both vets and current stars/rookies. As a personal preference, I would prefer a larger set with more current players and a limited number of retired/former players... maybe it's just me.

I believe this issue is an excellent issue for the player collector - not so much for the set builder. The auto collectors out there should be relatively pleased with the offering as well.

Inserts/Parallels

img712_zpsnpepr7gb.jpg

2 green refractors - #ed to 99
Brooks Robinson
Trevor Rosenthal

Relics/Memorabilia

img714_zpsfq8rmrcg.jpg
Robinson Cano #ed to 99 - green refractor

img713_zpsp2y6irsw.jpg
Juan Gonzalez #ed to 199
Michael Taylor #ed to 199 - Stamp of Approval

Autos

img715_zpsv1nwjzhj.jpg

Brandon Crawford #ed to 199
Andres Galarraga #ed to 199

Adrian Gonzalez #ed to 25

I like Tribute. I believe that one receives a good number of autos and relics in one box. I would like to see a few more base cards included in a box - just for the set builders such as myself.

I also like the on card autos - well done. If there could be an improvement there, I would have current players as the regular autos and vets/retired players as inserts or 'extra' hits in a box.

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the cellar dwelling Rays to me - base and refractors.

Duane

Duane,

I really love the design and look of that A-Gon autograph! Would you mind taking a look at my photobucket to see if anything I have you could use? Thanks and thanks for the great reviews!

Robbie

Duane,

I really love the design and look of that A-Gon autograph! Would you mind taking a look at my photobucket to see if anything I have you could use? Thanks and thanks for the great reviews!

Robbie

Robbie

Let's do it this way.... A-Gon is yours. I only collect baseball.... I'll let you pick what you are going to send me for the A-Gon. Post as a trade with my portion being 'surprise'

Duane

I can use the Galarraga & Crawford for my Giants collection. I have a 2005 Fleer Showcase Wave of the Future 3-color Patch Mark Teixeira /50 #wf-mt($25) to offer. LMK. Thanks

Nice review and the design of the cards is easy on the eyes.....If the base set is about 100 cards. Might think about putting a set together. Best regards, David

No I am not doing the base set of Tribute... I am trying to complete Stadium Club.

Duane

OK just checking...what base cards did you get as I am doing it ?

If you have any of these I could use them.

2016 Tribute
1-5-6-8-11-12-20-27-32-35-42-53-60-61-63-64-69-71-73-77-81-82-89

Rich

Last edited:
OK just checking...what base cards did you get as I am doing it ?

If you have any of these I could use them.

2016 Tribute
1-5-6-8-11-12-20-27-32-35-42-53-60-61-63-64-69-71-73-77-81-82-89

Rich

I have 6 for you -- 1-12-53-69-73-81

Post as free - have a relaxing Labor Day and stay dry!

Duane