Trade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valediction

Pro
5.00 star(s)
The last trade I made with Heath, One of the players I got was 2B Leland Jeffery ML contract, when I went to assign him, it told me he was a RF with a Major league deal and had to be on the 40 man. Do they automatically get Major league deals if they get traded? I reset the position to 2B (20 rating there vs a 1 rating in RF)

The last trade I made with Heath, One of the players I got was 2B Leland Jeffery ML contract, when I went to assign him, it told me he was a RF with a Major league deal and had to be on the 40 man. Do they automatically get Major league deals if they get traded? I reset the position to 2B (20 rating there vs a 1 rating in RF)

All players on the 40-man roster have a major league deal, whether they are coming from Minors or Majors, once you are on 40-man roster for ANY team, you keep the major league deal unless you are outright released or clear waivers.

Once you clear, you can be demoted to the minors.