Transfer feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm fine with the rule, so let's do some trading, but I won't buy till I get my 20 points, That's all I been getting of late, buy, why? If I like a card I see, But don't have nothing to offer in trade, It gets offered for sale, so it might take some time for me to get 20, can't win! I'm broke, lol

I am just not seeing why it is that important to not sell.
Newbies are still allowed to BUY cards right? So in theory, they could do a bunch of low dollar buys, $1-2 dlvd., get to 20 trades, spend $30-40 getting there, and then rip someone off big time on a deal.

If newbies can't sell, they shouldn't be allowed to buy either. I know it is to protect the members, but there are crooked people out there. I was "had" for $20 cause I sent a card with out DC... the guy said he never got it (which I know he did, he told me off the boards), and the bench ruled AGAINST me and I had to refund his money. This was a HOF member. It's a shame. 20 Trades is nothing.

Just my thoughts, but whatever. I know this was just a waste of my time as it will get no where.

Funny, I saw a new member here, that got banned for stealing at SCF, and reported it to a Mod here, I got no reply back, and is still a member here, don't get it! But being honest about bad apples that come here and asking out in the open about selling a set to a good member got answered quick, lol! And I followed the rules by saying no to the sale, all people ain't thiefs. I'M one thats not

I am just not seeing why it is that important to not sell.
Newbies are still allowed to BUY cards right? So in theory, they could do a bunch of low dollar buys, $1-2 dlvd., get to 20 trades, spend $30-40 getting there, and then rip someone off big time on a deal.

If newbies can't sell, they shouldn't be allowed to buy either. I know it is to protect the members, but there are crooked people out there. I was "had" for $20 cause I sent a card with out DC... the guy said he never got it (which I know he did, he told me off the boards), and the bench ruled AGAINST me and I had to refund his money. This was a HOF member. It's a shame. 20 Trades is nothing.

Just my thoughts, but whatever. I know this was just a waste of my time as it will get no where.

I went looking for the TGB regarding this case but did not find it, could you direct me to the specific details or link? Closest case I could find involving you was one where you had to refund $25 to a member that never got what he bought from you. Member in question had a bit over 20 Bench points and you had a copy of the USPS receipt but not DC. Doesn't match the description here so I must have the wrong one.

mortatort--I'm not seeing any disputes opened up by you involing any trades. Could you please direct me to the details.

Funny, I saw a new member here, that got banned for stealing at SCF, and reported it to a Mod here, I got no reply back, and is still a member here, don't get it! But being honest about bad apples that come here and asking out in the open about selling a set to a good member got answered quick, lol! And I followed the rules by saying no to the sale, all people ain't thiefs. I'M one thats not

When did you report this and to whom. Please let a mod know about this again.

PM sent to you Jeffo65!

You know I'm really sorry for starting this thread, The member just didnt have any Wings cards for me, so he offered cash trade, came down too we had to wait for the 20 points to sell it, I try to make everyone happy, but like I said Rules are rules, I can follow them! Just hard to make trades now of days when you dont have much and the Hockey Trader Thread is not rolling with Hockey fans wanting cards you have! Its all good! I can wait! This topic is done for me! Happy trading everyone! :)

Btw, why should a no0b be allowed to buy cards here if he can't sell? Shouldn't it be "trade only", to maximize the protection of established members?

If I were wanting to pick up some easy money and rolled up on a 'send first' forum I might just decide to scam by buying cards and then claiming I never got them, file a paypal claim, and get my money back. Oldest trick in the book, right? Why not protect against that one?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why do you think that Paypal & the Post Office offer Delivery Confirmation? Every time I sell something I use it so people can not make accusations like this.

I have found this to be very true in my short time here. I hope he is happy with his card. Still makes me sick that such an 'esteemed' site with proud and honost members would have HOF members that would flat out lie about the value of a card just to get the better side of a trade.

Anyway, just to chime in as an MSF trader, I would like to be able to make a sale here from time to time and don't mind sending first. I see the sending first rule as sufficient enough to ward away any people with malicious intent. Anyone looking for free money certainly won't land it sending first. And anyone that 'snaps' into being the type of person that would take advantage of peoples' trust isn't going to be stopped by ANY policy concerning what newbs are permitted to do.

First, I believe the system and rules here at The Bench are working just fine. And we all appreciate the work done by the moderators protecting the traders on this site.

Now, I would like to see some sort of penalty for traders giving the wrong BV on a card so they can get a better deal for themselves. It happens more often than anybody would like, and is coming many times from HOF members. I can remember this happening to me three or four times in the last few months, and it is really a shame that anyone would do this and try to take advantage of other traders.

Now, I would like to see some sort of penalty for traders giving the wrong BV on a card so they can get a better deal for themselves. It happens more often than anybody would like, and is coming many times from HOF members. I can remember this happening to me three or four times in the last few months, and it is really a shame that anyone would do this and try to take advantage of other traders.

A lot of people are too cheap to pay for an Online subscription to Beckett for the most up to date values. I've seen people say they are using a Beckett Magazine that is a couple months old or longer. So the values they come up with could be outdated or from another source other than Beckett depending on what they are using.

I for one think that the "Price Check" forum should be done away with. I know how strict Beckett is on their Boards & if they knew they had members giving away their services on another site for free they would probably suspend that users account. You can't even post book values on the Beckett Trade Boards because it's against the rules.

A lot of people are too cheap to pay for an Online subscription to Beckett for the most up to date values. I've seen people say they are using a Beckett Magazine that is a couple months old or longer. So the values they come up with could be outdated or from another source other than Beckett depending on what they are using.

I for one think that the "Price Check" forum should be done away with. I know how strict Beckett is on their Boards & if they knew they had members giving away their services on another site for free they would probably suspend that users account. You can't even post book values on the Beckett Trade Boards because it's against the rules.

I will probably get flamed for this, but I really dont care what Beckett thinks. I love the Price Check forum as most people dont wanna pay $20 a month or whatever it is. Thats one of the many many reasons people hate Beckettm, because of the price and content and and strictness.

I went looking for the TGB regarding this case but did not find it, could you direct me to the specific details or link? Closest case I could find involving you was one where you had to refund $25 to a member that never got what he bought from you. Member in question had a bit over 20 Bench points and you had a copy of the USPS receipt but not DC. Doesn't match the description here so I must have the wrong one.

mortatort--I'm not seeing any disputes opened up by you involing any trades. Could you please direct me to the details.

Yeah thats the one.. thought it was $20. I didn't have DC, thats what I said. The buyer later emailed me after the claim was settled and I refunded the money saying he did get the card, and I was then out the money AND the card. That was during a very bad time where every dime counted too. Was just making a point that a solid member turned evil... and I dont think he has been active now so he got over on me then bolted

I will probably get flamed for this, but I really dont care what Beckett thinks. I love the Price Check forum as most people dont wanna pay $20 a month or whatever it is. Thats one of the many many reasons people hate Beckettm, because of the price and content and and strictness.

A very good point. I have never been a member of the beckett boards but I have never heard anything good about it.

Sorry to kick a dead horse, but I might actually consider using Beckett's OPG if they stopped jacking the rates up. The $6.75 per sport per month (that's over $160 a year to cover the two sports I collect) is getting a tad extreme for me especially considering how frustrating my experience with the service has been in the past. Even if I wasn't cheap, I won't be dishing out that kind of money for that service. Picking up a paper copy periodically works for me, especially considering most trades which are big enough to even care about value typically involve looking up TRUE market value anyways. The book is a good for some basic guidelines, but by no means would I consider it the end-all-be-all-resource for fair trading.

The fact is the hobby is very dynamic market. Collectors need to be aware of the inconsistency between BV and actual market value of many products and players. While it's easy to just say - BV is "X" so the value is "X", we should all know this is often not the case. I personally use any combination of eBay SVs, COMC current lowest asking prices and Beckett BVs to determine a card's worth.

Sorry to kick a dead horse, but I might actually consider using Beckett's OPG if they stopped jacking the rates up. The $6.75 per sport per month (that's over $160 a year to cover the two sports I collect) is getting a tad extreme for me especially considering how frustrating my experience with the service has been in the past. Even if I wasn't cheap, I won't be dishing out that kind of money for that service. Picking up a paper copy periodically works for me, especially considering most trades which are big enough to even care about value typically involve looking up TRUE market value anyways. The book is a good for some basic guidelines, but by no means would I consider it the end-all-be-all-resource for fair trading.

The fact is the hobby is very dynamic market. Collectors need to be aware of the inconsistency between BV and actual market value of many products and players. While it's easy to just say - BV is "X" so the value is "X", we should all know this is often not the case. I personally use any combination of eBay SVs, COMC current lowest asking prices and Beckett BVs to determine a card's worth.

Did you read the persons post I was replying to? I was basically trying to explain to him why he was having the problem he was having. I was by no means praising Beckett and their horrible service. Also a majority of people use BV when it comes to trading. You can't always find SV's for stuff.

Did you read the persons post I was replying to? I was basically trying to explain to him why he was having the problem he was having. I was by no means praising Beckett and their horrible service. Also a majority of people use BV when it comes to trading. You can't always find SV's for stuff.

Dan:
I got your point. Honest mistakes happen, but the problem is when someone is being purposely dishonest about Beckett Values. I subscribe to the Beckett Baseball Magazine and when I provide the BVs for a trade I clearly let the other trader know where I am getting the BVs from. Again, I have had a handful of established members here claiming to have on-line pricing and giving me the wrong BVs so they can get a better deal on a trade. And I think something (penalty, short suspension) should be done so they stop doing this.

I think that this thread has run it's course.

On a side note, one of the things I really enjoyed here when I first signed up was trading cards, period. If I had 20 cards that someone needed and they only had 15 that I needed, guess what, we TRADED. BV and Beckett and SV, BV, CV, who cares. One day people will get back to realizing this is a hobby and we are here to have fun and make some friends along the way. The sooner people get back to this the sooner the other problems will go away. Also, if you don't think someone is giving you the correct value for your cards, look them up yourself.

Thanks guys and girls for keeping this thread civil.

This thread is one of the reasons that I have enjoyed this site so much. The discussion that has went on has been an enjoyment to read and jflan is correct in that it has remained civil. I have not traded very much on other sites but from the things I have heard here we seem to have the best run site by far. I have only had one trade that I have done where I felt I was short changed but that is not bad out of almost 1000 trades. I have had disagreements with a member or two but I like to think that this is a hobby and I get the utmost enjoyment out of it. But I can also say that the Bench and its members have increased that enjoyment many times over.

This thread is one of the reasons that I have enjoyed this site so much. The discussion that has went on has been an enjoyment to read and jflan is correct in that it has remained civil. I have not traded very much on other sites but from the things I have heard here we seem to have the best run site by far. I have only had one trade that I have done where I felt I was short changed but that is not bad out of almost 1000 trades. I have had disagreements with a member or two but I like to think that this is a hobby and I get the utmost enjoyment out of it. But I can also say that the Bench and its members have increased that enjoyment many times over.

I agree 100%, this site is the best. i love it. I have just had one 1, or 2, bad deals and thats not bad either

I'm with you.

Dan:
I got your point. Honest mistakes happen, but the problem is when someone is being purposely dishonest about Beckett Values. I subscribe to the Beckett Baseball Magazine and when I provide the BVs for a trade I clearly let the other trader know where I am getting the BVs from. Again, I have had a handful of established members here claiming to have on-line pricing and giving me the wrong BVs so they can get a better deal on a trade. And I think something (penalty, short suspension) should be done so they stop doing this.

Personally I think some people don't know how to look things up and they get values for the wrong cards. I have had similar things like what you are talking about happen to me. One off hand a guy thought his card booked for $40 when it only booked for something like $10-$15. He had looked up the wrong version of the card. He quoted a BV for a Parallel and not the base card. Needless to say he didn't want to back down on his belief so I didn't trade with him.

This can also apply to SV's. I had a guy yesterday that I offered a card to for $21 dlvd. I told him it sells for $23-$25 dlvd on Ebay. He replied that it only sells for $20.50. What he didn't do is add the S/H to the bid to try to make it look like the card sells for less which I think is funny because he should have known I already checked what they sell for.