Review Triple Threads - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Triple Threads - M L B

1 master box - 2 mini boxes
Every mini-box contains an auto'd relic and a relic card - one of which is a Triple Relic...

I received these:

Triple Relic/Triple Auto #ed to 18
Javier Baez
Maikel Franco
Joc Pederson

Jumbo Patch #ed to 9

Leonys Martin

Jumbo Relic / Auto #ed to 25

Kendall Graveman

Triple Relic #ed to 36

img455_zpsypialeqp.jpg

Hun-Jin Ryu

Parallels

Green, Purple, Blue

img454_zpsnjdiml3x.jpg

Purple #ed to 354
Harper and Cueto

Green #ed to 250
Freeman

Blue #ed to 25
Rendon

Base

img453_zpsxenrap21.jpg

6 total base received - Freeman, Tanaka, Ripken, Rizzo, Pujols, Ortiz

Triple Threads is a premium issue. The cards again are printed on very thick stock with the front being glossy and the reverse matte. The photos seem to 'pop' more this year with the grey background.

This is definitely an issue for the player collector. The set builder and rookie collector will have some obstacles to overcome. Only receiving 6 base cards - one will need to make a bunch of trips to the 'bay to complete this set. I received no rookie cards. There are retired players in the set - for those collectors that have player collections from years past.

Unimpressed with the stickers.... understandable on the cards with multiple autos - not the single signed cards.

Overall grade A- no rookies, and sticker autos, however the design is very good this year.

Go buy several boxes and send the 4th place Rays:confused::( to me!

Duane

Nice review! I would be interested in the Tanaka and Ripken base, Harper Purple and Rendon Green if available. I don't have any Rays from this set but I put a small Rays lot together (parallels & inserts) from 2015 for the 4 cards if you would like.
Thanks,
Trish

Nice review! I would be interested in the Tanaka and Ripken base, Harper Purple and Rendon Green if available. I don't have any Rays from this set but I put a small Rays lot together (parallels & inserts) from 2015 for the 4 cards if you would like.
Thanks,
Trish

You may have the 4 cards. Post as free.

Duane