Two set hits this week on 1979 Topps Baseball

TideFanDan

This week I got Steve Dillard and Hal Dues.

I sent the Dues out in July of 2013, so it was out almost 18 months. Hoping more of my long-lost sendoffs will find their way home.

Now at 281 cards toward the set.

t.rooster

5.00 star(s)
Dan,
Congratulations, I just received my Hal Dues '81 card after 6 months, not as long as yours, but my Dillard is still out there somewhere from when I sent it 4/8/2013.......

TideFanDan

Cecil Cooper arrived after 1 year and 1 week. I kept seeing other recent successes for him and was keeping my eye on the mailbox.

New total is 284.

t.rooster

5.00 star(s)
Dan, just got back '79 Brewers RC signed by Bass & most recently Romero, Ned Yost is the last of the three, had any luck w/ him. I know my best bet would be Royals ST right now, but I hesitate as I have lost cards sent to him in the past, what do you think?

TideFanDan

I would ask world wide ed. I follow him on Facebook and he has several double-triple-quadruple cards signed. If it were me I guess I would try to get him IP or 50/50 with somebody you trust.

With my tax return I think I am going after a few of the less expensive for-pay signers and see how close I can get to 300. I am not sure I can get to 350 without breaking into my 401k to get Reggie, Bench, Fisk, etc...

levi

5.00 star(s)
Yost has been a regular signer during the season, Spring Training as well. Personally, I would wait and send it to Kansas City. You know he will be there longer this year and there is less of a chance of getting lost in the move to Kauffan.

TideFanDan

Joe Coleman arrive this week. I sent it to Cape Coral, FL but it came back postmarked from Nashville, TN. One year and eight months, but it did come back.

New total is 285.

t.rooster

5.00 star(s)
JOE COLEMAN!!??? I pretty much figured he didn't sign at all flat out, wow, way to go, what did you do, promise him your first born?