Two set hits this week on 1979 Topps Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TideFanDan

Prospect
This week I got Steve Dillard and Hal Dues.

I sent the Dues out in July of 2013, so it was out almost 18 months. Hoping more of my long-lost sendoffs will find their way home.

Now at 281 cards toward the set.

Dan,
Congratulations, I just received my Hal Dues '81 card after 6 months, not as long as yours, but my Dillard is still out there somewhere from when I sent it 4/8/2013.......

Another long-lost sendoff came back today. Bill Plummer after 11 months to get me to 282 cards toward the set.

Cecil Cooper arrived after 1 year and 1 week. I kept seeing other recent successes for him and was keeping my eye on the mailbox.

New total is 284.

Dan, just got back '79 Brewers RC signed by Bass & most recently Romero, Ned Yost is the last of the three, had any luck w/ him. I know my best bet would be Royals ST right now, but I hesitate as I have lost cards sent to him in the past, what do you think?

I would ask world wide ed. I follow him on Facebook and he has several double-triple-quadruple cards signed. If it were me I guess I would try to get him IP or 50/50 with somebody you trust.

With my tax return I think I am going after a few of the less expensive for-pay signers and see how close I can get to 300. I am not sure I can get to 350 without breaking into my 401k to get Reggie, Bench, Fisk, etc...

Yost has been a regular signer during the season, Spring Training as well. Personally, I would wait and send it to Kansas City. You know he will be there longer this year and there is less of a chance of getting lost in the move to Kauffan.

Joe Coleman arrive this week. I sent it to Cape Coral, FL but it came back postmarked from Nashville, TN. One year and eight months, but it did come back.

New total is 285.