USPS literally "Smoked" My Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlw1

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Well I was finally able to get a few more Topps Chrome Autographs I needed, but instead, USPS decided to burn my package.
001-6.jpg
Take a look @ the USPS Postage, it's completely black.
The Top Loaders are black from being fried and are crippled. The penny sleeves are stuck to them on the inside and the two cards autographs are both coming off the cards, turned green, and the whole card is tinted brown now..

This I have never seen before, and is a new one. I thought they were raising their priority mail prices to cover for the "gas surcharge", not to waste it on smokes!

Anyway, anyone ever seen this before?

The Package is fine itself, it isn't chard or anything. I'm surprised that it went right through to the plastic.. It's almost as if the cards were baked?!?

No insurance? Seems like something like this should be covered!

Christopher

Insurance or not. They should have to do something for you. No excuse for carelessness. They should be responsible for what they do. They rake in way more than enough money on the insurance thin anyways. Accidents are one thing but neglect is another.

Ok, now that is weird! Are you sure the USPS is at fault here and maybe not the seller/trader? Doesn't make any sense that the toploaders would be black and not the package. Seems like they would have had to already be like that before they were put in the package.
-Keith

Last edited:
Ok, now that is weird! Are you sure the USPS is at fault here and maybe not the seller/trader? Doesn't make any sense that the toploaders would be black and not the package. Seems like they would have had to already be like that before they were put in the package.
-Keith

i got something in once that was wet and somewhat muddy? they put my original envelope in a priority mail envelope and stamped it damaged and sent it on to me with a letter inside that said it was damaged lol...duh...but they wont cover anything unless you purchase insurance.

This is a first. Did they drop it in the fire or something? Another pathetic story about the USPS.

Btw: I took this to the post office and they had no answer for me or any refund.. Even for the postage... So now, either I bite the bullet or the other trader may help me out..

Well, I've never seen anything like that. How did you get to be so lucky that you get the flame-roasted cards?? I would seriously be at a loss if that happened to me. Good luck trying to get some sort of resolution since I see that the post office was oh-so-helpful.

What Zac, you don't like my custom burnt edged cards? That is so weird. Don't worry buddy, USPS may not care, but I do. We'll work something out. And to think, some of you thought a trader on the Bench would do that. I would think the burned postage label would be the dead giveaway at who was at fault.

Mike