USPS literally "Smoked" My Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Btw: I took this to the post office and they had no answer for me or any refund.. Even for the postage... So now, either I bite the bullet or the other trader may help me out..

Forget your local po. Go up the chain of command. Try this number from their website.......... "For general assistance or complaints, please contact us at 1-800-ASK-USPS "

Since these are a recent issue, why not take your case to Topps? They may be sypathetic (or not), but since they probably have replacement cards available for cards that may be pack damaged it wouldn't hurt to let them know your plight.

What Zac, you don't like my custom burnt edged cards? That is so weird. Don't worry buddy, USPS may not care, but I do. We'll work something out. And to think, some of you thought a trader on the Bench would do that. I would think the burned postage label would be the dead giveaway at who was at fault.

Mike

In all fairness, he never said that he got them from a fellow Bench member. If I had known it was you then I would never had doubted who was at fault :)
-Keith

What Zac, you don't like my custom burnt edged cards? That is so weird. Don't worry buddy, USPS may not care, but I do. We'll work something out. And to think, some of you thought a trader on the Bench would do that. I would think the burned postage label would be the dead giveaway at who was at fault.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for doing the right thing and taking care of him!

John

In all fairness, he never said that he got them from a fellow Bench member. If I had known it was you then I would never had doubted who was at fault :)
-Keith

Touche and no worries. It's sometimes hard to discern someone's tone on a message board. I hoped mine was more 'deadpan humor' than offended.

Thanks,
Mike

First of all I do not work for the post office. For me its hard to understand all the venom towards the USPS. You have to understand they handle about 202 billion pieces a year and nothing is perfect. My mail stats with them ihave no complaints with.

EBAY- bought 801 cards, lost 1 no dc, damaged 1 seller sent GU in PWE.
Bench- 418 trades lost 1 I sent to Alaska no dc, damaged 0 on both ends as far as I know.
1219 transaction with just 2 lost items to me is pretty good. The three times we had groceries delivered there were errors and damaged goods. Bad things happen no matter how hard you and other people try to do a good job. Sorry for the rant.

First of all I do not work for the post office. For me its hard to understand all the venom towards the USPS. You have to understand they handle about 202 billion pieces a year and nothing is perfect. My mail stats with them ihave no complaints with.

Bench- 418 trades lost 1 I sent to Alaska no dc, damaged 0 on both ends as far as I know.
1219 transaction with just 2 lost items to me is pretty good. The three times we had groceries delivered there were errors and damaged goods. Bad things happen no matter how hard you and other people try to do a good job. Sorry for the rant.

I think the complaint with the PO, as far as I am concerned, is their lack of responsibility for their errors. This guys card was BURNED! And the PO is like, "Oh well.". Same thing when a card or package gets destroyed. Imagine if you ordered a pizza and the guy dropped it, then ran over it with his car, then brought it to you and said "here you go, sorry it's ruined. That will be $21.08." Unless you pay extra for insurance then you are out of luck. And then when you pay for the insurance you have to jump through a thousand hoops to get your money. I just wish they took more responsibility for their shortcomings. If you pay for a service, that service should be performed correctly or you should be compensated in some way. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

I had a new one today.
I sold a Sony Converter box that had belonged to my dad to work with a $21000.00 Sony Plasma built in 2003. It retailed for $1800 back in the day but you can get them new for about $400 now. So the buyer chose to use priority mail. Well this one is funny. The mailman ran over the box on the way to pull out. The front of the box is completely destroyed off the unit. Well, the package was uninsured and the seller is mad at me because I won't refund him the money and told him to contact his local usps to buy him a new one for their "imbecility". And instead of contacting USPS he decided to file a claim with ebay and leave me a negative feedback because he claimed I broke the item. YET there are tire marks on the front of the package and damage all on the box that suits the area the USPS destroyed it.
What the heck did I do to deserve this week? lol

yeah, don't bother with the local P.O. They can't do anything about it. You'll have to try taking it to the top.

Mistakes happen, no matter how strange. And no, it's not a "usps is evil because the government is evil" thing. I used to work for UPS....and oh man, i could tell you some stories about neglect.

That sound terrible to me. You see, the rates have steadily risen on
postage and not 1 package should arrive damaged or not arrive at
all.

I think if the government cut out trying to pay a postal employee's full pension in the first 5 years to a trust fund account that, some of these
postal workers that are doing these dumb things (I.E. throw packages around,run them over) would be more considerate about others and
would be in fear of losing there job.

If someone told me that they were going to pay my entire retirement pension
to a trust fund in the first 5 years of employment I would figure that I
would have a job for life. Im sure the few idiots everyday that ruin packages
probably think the same as I just figured except they dont care or have concern with your package as say I would.

I mean cmon? how do you run over a convertor box for a plasma t.v.?
Cars have doors and windows all that close shut, THERE IS NO EXCUSE
TO WHY A PACKAGE WOULD ARRIVE DAMAGED OR NOT ARRIVE AT ALL.
It is a Federal Position and there stats should be 100 percent for
delivery at all times.

But, the same Federal Government allowed for known terrorist factions
to learn to fly planes in America and then to board planes with box cutters
and kill Innocent Americans on 9/11.

So, its a Quandry..

I do believe theres something going on with all the burnt items, Sounds like a Scooby doo Mystery.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" Maybe these jokers should update this to include fire..................Sorry to hear about that.............I hate to think that it's a crap shoot every time you mail something off.................

Hi
95% of all burned mail is because some dip was getting his thrills dropping a match or lit cigarette in a mail box and getting a high off destroying someone else property.
The Post Office basic rule is not insured, not responsible.
As for the damaged mail being run over, I would definately take it to the delivering post office and talk to the carrier supervisor. If a carrier is that stupid that he leaves a package behind his truck and then runs over it, he shouldn't be delivering mail.

USPS is full of crap. If they were a real business they would understand the importance of respecting customer service. They clearly did not provide there service correctly and need to be held accountable, insurance or not.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE
TO WHY A PACKAGE WOULD ARRIVE DAMAGED OR NOT ARRIVE AT ALL.
It is a Federal Position and there stats should be 100 percent for
delivery at all times.

I hate taking up for the USPS, but your statement is just plain wrong. Do you honestly believe what you typed? You realize that there are no perfect people on this planet don't you? Mistakes and accidents happen. Now I agree that they should not happen at the rate that they do. But to say they should have 100% perfection when delivering that much mail is just plain ignorance. Do you think you could do that job for 10, 20, or 30 years and never make a mistake? Not a single mistake? Come on, I hope no one is nieve enough to think that way.

Looks like it got stuck in the zip code sorthing machine and has some friction wear on it. if you didnt get insurance to protect it thats your loss, unless you can prive it was caused by them in the mailing process. also i would have a talk with the sender, they mailed out your important items in a standard mainlla envelope, if it were that important it shouls have been padded or any variety they offer. persosonally it looks like your sender went cheep on you and let you pay the price for poor shipping.

this is just mho, and a few decades and several family members in the PO business.

dave