Vote for the Bench!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is how there winning then its wrong. If it works, then we know its possible that the competition is tainted. But, we are above such tactics
thats why were the best trading community around because we are not
motivated by prizes to support our Community, were motivated each day by
each others inspiration of enjoying a great American Pastime.

So what if Upperdeck recognizes The Bench.. We didnt need there recognition before as being thed vibrant community of online traders.
We dont need them now.. Our trophies are our standards and civility
to helping each other achieve our goals and receive items that find
greater appreciation in anothers collection.

This contest just made me realize that that trophy is just glass and that
the product is just product. To me, A community putting together the
Yankees legacy set to auction off for charity is more of an achievment
than anything upperdeck could provide. Theres really great people here
each one with great heart and a set of standard practice that makes
this a family of sorts and that beats a trophy or lebron james auto ball
anyday of the week.

What is like? Down to 700 to 900 on the Legacy set? I was as guns to the
wall as everyone else when it come to beating SCF, but, if you reevaluate
what we do, we set goals with good intent and purpose and we have nothing
to really gain by beating SCF in a vote, but with the Yankee Legacy set be completed and sold for charity use, we have a unselfish plight there and beating those odds would be amazing. I havent really helped on the set
but I wanted to, now I am in a position to help and Im putting my Maddux
goals to the side and going to do something for someone else.
Lets set forth to achieve something great by focusing on something greater.

Sorry for the long read but, I think we should drop the idea of winning and
make something great by putting the energy back on the Legacy set.
I'd like to know where I could get a list of what we need and will begin searching for some in my area.

If it wasnt for ya'll I'd be mad at the world, instead I am taking on the
challenges, thanks to all you good friends here.

Couldn't agree more. No matter what the results of the poll are, we are the best trading community out there. No matter how big or trade a trade is, whether it's base/inserts or GU/Autos, it is easy to make a trade. Just this week I have gotten 4 PMs/E-Mails from FCB telling me to vote for the poll, I forgot I even signed up for the site....

LONG LIVE THE BENCH :D

need more votes

hey guys we need alot more votes for our great site

my vote is in ... regardless of the final tally ... we all know that what we have here is special!! - thanks, erik

If that is how there winning then its wrong. If it works, then we know its possible that the competition is tainted. But, we are above such tactics
thats why were the best trading community around because we are not
motivated by prizes to support our Community, were motivated each day by
each others inspiration of enjoying a great American Pastime.

So what if Upperdeck recognizes The Bench.. We didnt need there recognition before as being thed vibrant community of online traders.
We dont need them now.. Our trophies are our standards and civility
to helping each other achieve our goals and receive items that find
greater appreciation in anothers collection.

This contest just made me realize that that trophy is just glass and that
the product is just product. To me, A community putting together the
Yankees legacy set to auction off for charity is more of an achievment
than anything upperdeck could provide. Theres really great people here
each one with great heart and a set of standard practice that makes
this a family of sorts and that beats a trophy or lebron james auto ball
anyday of the week.

What is like? Down to 700 to 900 on the Legacy set? I was as guns to the
wall as everyone else when it come to beating SCF, but, if you reevaluate
what we do, we set goals with good intent and purpose and we have nothing
to really gain by beating SCF in a vote, but with the Yankee Legacy set be completed and sold for charity use, we have a unselfish plight there and beating those odds would be amazing. I havent really helped on the set
but I wanted to, now I am in a position to help and Im putting my Maddux
goals to the side and going to do something for someone else.
Lets set forth to achieve something great by focusing on something greater.

Sorry for the long read but, I think we should drop the idea of winning and
make something great by putting the energy back on the Legacy set.
I'd like to know where I could get a list of what we need and will begin searching for some in my area.

If it wasnt for ya'll I'd be mad at the world, instead I am taking on the
challenges, thanks to all you good friends here.

Thank you for this post.

Hail To Thee O Bennnnnnch
Best Site On The Net
No Need For A Connnnntest
Number One,You Bet
Thats all,
Ken

Just voted for The Bench as I just got back in from a vacation...
I CAN believe the results only because anyone and everyone can join the other top sites....
THE REASON WHY THE BENCH IS THE BEST IS THAT 80-90% OF THEIR MEMBERS WOULD NEVER LAST HERE.
I loathe all other sites and most all of their members, therefore I personally spend my time on the #1 site ever!
My mini-rant...

Thanks Benchies for everything you do....keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get the YSL set done...

(Going to start purchasing some from the bay with a bit of my Vegas winnings!!!!)

I got another vote in for the bench today. The bench is the best trading site bar none, and I am members of them all. I will say the FCB forum has the best hobby information but its all about prospects over on their trade board.

I've traded on a few of the sites that we are up against.. SCF, TCC, Sport Card Freaks, Trader Retreat and I just started on Freedom Cardboard.

I can honestly say that The Bench is BY FAR my favorite and my most used trading site!

The award would be nice, but we don't need it.. Keep up the good work, everyone.

The contest ended yesterday at 9am. If you read some of the threads on some of the other boards, both are calling out the other for cheating. A great idea on paper from UD, but difficult to facilitate. For as much of a marketing/PR drive it was for UD, the contest did get a lot of exposure for a lot of sites and bloggers. However, the petty comments and attitudes between some sites now may do as much damage to the hobby as good and exposure that this contest brought. In the end, this contest/poll became about who can manipulate the voting process more and popularity contest, not "who is the best." If we gained more members that have never heard about us through this contest, then it was worth it. Every site nominated has different strengths that they bring to the hobby that make then the best at what they do. (I had no idea the hobby was so strongly represented overseas!) The MOD team here is dedicated to and focused on what The Bench does best.
We will continue to grow and thrive because of what we do:
We are over 90% complete with the YSL charity set, one sold on eBay for over $24K! When we complete ours in time for this summer's ESPN radio auction, can you imagine how much we will get for the V Foundation!
We have the best Trade Manager out there. This leads to the safest on-line trading available.
We have the most experienced, dedicated, and hobby educated staff on any site.
We were the first to bring you exciting programs like the Super Collector status.
Our annual "Benchie's" are highly anticipated, highly participated in, and create a lot of discussion and traffic.
We are the only site that offers hobby exclusive interviews with both athletes and hobby insiders. We also listen to our members and try to get interview subjects that you want!
We get product to rip, review and give away to our members without having to win any contest. I have product from Tristar, Panini, and Upper Deck (anyway) coming in a few weeks.
And what I think makes us the best trading site on the 'net is you, our loyal, friendly and generous membership. We would not be where are are today without your support, activity and recruiting efforts. We have steady, positive growth every year which means more people to trade with, which makes us THE BEST trading site on the internet!

Tal

Last edited:
Just echoing a few thoughts from Tal. And kudos to him for all that typing! ;)

The MOD team here is dedicated to and focused on what The Bench does best.
We will continue to grow and thrive because of what we do:
We are over 90% complete with the YSL charity set, one sold on eBay for over $24K! When we complete ours in time for this summer's ESPN radio auction, can you imagine how much we will get for the V Foundation!
We have the best Trade Manager out there. This leads to the safest on-line trading available.
We have the most experienced, dedicated, and hobby educated staff on any site.
We were the first to bring you exciting programs like the Super Collector status.
Our annual "Benchie's" are highly anticipated, highly participated in, and create a lot of discussion and traffic.
We are the only site that offers hobby exclusive interviews with both athletes and hobby insiders. We also listen to our members and try to get interview subjects that you want!
We get product to rip, review and give away to our members without having to win any contest. I have product from Tristar, Panini, and Upper Deck (anyway) coming in a few weeks.
And what I think makes us the best trading site on the 'net is you, our loyal, friendly and generous membership. We would not be where are are today without your support, activity and recruiting efforts. We have steady, positive growth every year which means more people to trade with, which makes us THE BEST trading site on the internet!

Tal

I just looked at the final vote count.

How does a site with only 2720 registered members get over 3,000 votes???

and another site which claims to have 31,000 members can only draw 3,000 votes.

some skewed numbers if ya ask me.

I just looked at the final vote count.

How does a site with only 2720 registered members get over 3,000 votes???

and another site which claims to have 31,000 members can only draw 3,000 votes.

some skewed numbers if ya ask me.

I saw on UD's facebook page that there are some very simple "poll hacks" that people can do to boost numbers. There was even a link to a youtube video showing how to do it. Going by some of the UD Company's posts after seeing some of those crazy numbers, I think they realize that eveything is not exactly on the up & up. However, they went forward with the awards and stated that they hope that all forums received extra looks because of the contest. In that respect....I agree. If the Bench gains some quality members from that contest - great. The only part I dislike is the nice autographed memorabilia that went to the other forum.

Tim

I was able to vote again. Apparently you can vote more than once. Still surprised at the vote tally and where we are.

Just saw the posting that the contest has ended....oh well:(

I was surprised by a forum with almost no content or posts got more votes than The Bench. I signed up for a few of those I'd never heard of, and after logging in, I found out why. I think if the same contest were held before the great exodus following the Beckett MB collapse, Beckett probably would have "won" by a lot over the next highest site.

Last edited:
Just goes to show you that when you offer up a freebie or a gimmick of some type. The dishonest people out there will do whatever they can to take advantage of the system.

Maybe that's why we have banned more members than some of those sites have users.

So much for that, now back to ummm trading cards.

Peter,

I saw on UD's facebook page that there are some very simple "poll hacks" that people can do to boost numbers. There was even a link to a youtube video showing how to do it. Going by some of the UD Company's posts after seeing some of those crazy numbers, I think they realize that eveything is not exactly on the up & up. However, they went forward with the awards and stated that they hope that all forums received extra looks because of the contest. In that respect....I agree. If the Bench gains some quality members from that contest - great. The only part I dislike is the nice autographed memorabilia that went to the other forum.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.