Wanted > 2008 Topps Chrome Trading Card History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mort

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I am looking for the Refractors and #'d cards from this insert series.

From the Chrome set, I need (with BVs):
2008 Topps Chrome Trading Card History #TCHC2 Joba Chamberlain $1.50
2008 Topps Chrome Trading Card History #TCHC3 Daisuke Matsuzaka $1.50

For the #'d sets these cards I have:
#/400: 3-6-11-16-18-22-36-41-44
#/200: 30-49
#/100: 1

Cards for trade: www.morthas.com. Check out the "For Sale - Baseball" on the left column.

Don't see what you want? Just let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Mort, I'm building this chrome set too (sorry, no dupes that you need) but I was unaware of any numbered or refractored cards produced...any ideas how they were distributed? Regards, Jim

Mort -- I have the regular chrome Mantle, refractor Mantle (/400) and refractor Holliday #44 (/400).

On your site are the scans shown the only cards available from those years, or just a sample? I'm looking for Rays like Longoria, Myers, Archer, Matt Moore, and Cobb.

Thanks, Scott

Hi Mort, I'm building this chrome set too (sorry, no dupes that you need) but I was unaware of any numbered or refractored cards produced...any ideas how they were distributed? Regards, Jim
Hi Jim - I am all but certain I pulled the cards from hobby packs and hobby jumbo packs in 2008. A few others I traded for or bought at a sports card show. There really aren't any unnumbered Refractor cards per se. The variation of the sets (as I am aware) go:
Base, Chrome, #/400 (Refractor), #/200 (Blue), #/100 (Copper), #/25 (Red), 1/1 (SuperFractor)

Good luck!

Mort -- I have the regular chrome Mantle, refractor Mantle (/400) and refractor Holliday #44 (/400).

On your site are the scans shown the only cards available from those years, or just a sample? I'm looking for Rays like Longoria, Myers, Archer, Matt Moore, and Cobb.

Thanks, Scott
Hi there - I don't think I can help you out too much beyond base cards. I mostly stopped buying cards after early 2010. The ones you see on the site are from a small purchase I picked up from a collector earlier this year.

I do have a 2009 Bowman Prospects Matt Moore card I got autographed TTM but I'm not sure if that's your type of thing.

If there's anything else you're looking for, feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to look around and see what I got.

Thanks!

Mort -- How about the 2011 Wil Myers, 2010 TC Purple Yadier Molina and 2010 Bowman Platinum Purple Shelby Miller for the three I have? Please post if that works. Thanks, Scott

Done. Pulled the cards, removed them from my site, and will post now. Thank you!

I can send in a PWE tomorrow. Or if you prefer to do the trade in a bubble mailer (which is perfectly fine with me), I can send out on Monday. Just let me know.

Done. Pulled the cards, removed them from my site, and will post now. Thank you!

I can send in a PWE tomorrow. Or if you prefer to do the trade in a bubble mailer (which is perfectly fine with me), I can send out on Monday. Just let me know.
Mort, I prefer to send padded. Monday is fine. Thanks! Scott

Hello
Have these extras
TCHC43 Blue Refractor Brandon Webb 21/200
TCHC41 Copper Refractor Hanley Ramirez 49/100
TCHC Refractor Justin Morneau 245/400
TCHC Refractor Chipper Jones 18/400

Looking for 13 Topps Chrome colors (no purples)
TY
Dale

Hi Dale -
Unfortunately I mostly stopped adding cards to my inventory in 2009. I have a small amount for trade on my web site that are more recent (2010 - 2011ish): www.morthas.com under the "For Sale" section. I see you have a Big Four HOFer group you're searching for as well.
I do have:
2008 Upper Deck Spectrum Derek Jeter Retrospectrum #DJ14 Derek Jeter BV $3
2008 Upper Deck Spectrum Derek Jeter Retrospectrum #DJ77 Derek Jeter BV $3
2008 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini #290 Ken Griffey Jr. BV $3
2008 Upper Deck X Xponential 3 #KG Ken Griffey Jr. BV $6
2007 Topps Chrome Refractors #186 Ken Griffey Jr. BV $6

Thank you for your consideration!
Scott-

Hi Dale -
Unfortunately I mostly stopped adding cards to my inventory in 2009. I have a small amount for trade on my web site that are more recent (2010 - 2011ish): www.morthas.com under the "For Sale" section. I see you have a Big Four HOFer group you're searching for as well.
I do have:
2008 Upper Deck Spectrum Derek Jeter Retrospectrum #DJ14 Derek Jeter BV $3
2008 Upper Deck Spectrum Derek Jeter Retrospectrum #DJ77 Derek Jeter BV $3
2008 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini #290 Ken Griffey Jr. BV $3
2008 Upper Deck X Xponential 3 #KG Ken Griffey Jr. BV $6
2007 Topps Chrome Refractors #186 Ken Griffey Jr. BV $6

Thank you for your consideration!
Scott-

Scott
Nothing there I need at this time
TY
Dale