We have a WINNER!! Famous Three Strike June 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Thanks to the totally inept relief pitching, by the usually reliable Padre Bullpen, Benzi wins the June First you pick'em three Strike contest...Made a mistake in the last post and listed grapler's pick, instead of mrknicks losing Pirates...pick...
So, we have grappler and kniky make it thru game 7 and Benzi...getting a win...prizes will be sent out in October when the September contest is over...
SOOO...do you prefer picking the team yourself or having me make the pick?
lmk Bob

;)
The first three games are up on Yahoo, I assume you guys know how to fine the match ups know, so pick away. goling Live on Saturday.

Starting May 30 ...You pick the team you think will win each day begining with June 1st Then you pick
. games up three days before the game starts (check http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/scoreboard?d=2013-06-01) and have the following games selected before the current game, starts. click on the calendar for the next game

The kicker is...you can only pick the winning team once...ie if you pick the Yankees to win on June 1 and they win...you can't use the Yankees again for the rest of Tournament. However, you can pick a team as long as they keep losing...up until you have three strikes

I am not going to be a baby sitter...this is a DAILY GAME once it starts...miss a game for what ever reason...YOU GET A STRIKE. Not being near your computer isn't an excuse...you can go to libraries, Radio Shack, hotel lobbies, etc.

[bold]I have found that it is a lot easier if you edit your picks in the same post...less post, easier to follow...Honesty is appreciated...all edits times must before the current game is played. [/bold]

PRIZES
Players that survive the first seven games without striking out, will receive a card that total at least $7.
Players that survive the until the 12th game without striking out, will receive an additional card that the total of both cards isat least $15.

Overall winner, will recieve up to $40 in cards.

If you're a winner up to you to lmk.

Once we get down to about four players, Each player will email me there picks. When we are down to two players, I will have them pick all the games of the day, until we have a clear winner.:eek:

ANY QUESTIONS please ask...please just edit each day.:confused:

Last edited:
I will give it a try:

June 1st: Atlanta LOSS
June 2nd: Cincinnati LOSS
June 3rd: St. Louis WIN
June 4th: Philadelphia WIN
June 5th: New York Yankees WIN
June 6th: Detroit WIN
June 7th: New York Mets LOSS
June 8th: Texas Rangers LOSS
June 9th: Washington Nationals

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest.

June 1: Diamondbacks WIN
June 2: Reds STRIKE 1
June 3: Phillies WIN
June 4: Nationals WIN
June 5: Reds STRIKE 2
June 6: Padres WIN
June 7: White Sox STRIKE 3
June 8: Rangers
June 9: Marlins

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest!

June 1: Detroit Tigers WIN
June 2: New York Mets LOSS STRIKE 1
June 3: Los Angeles Dodgers WIN
June 4: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim WIN
June 5: New York Yankees WIN
June 6: St. Louis Cardinals WIN
June 7: Philadelphia Phillies LOSS STRIKE 2
June 8: Texas Rangers LOSS STRIKE 3
June 9: Washington Nationals

Last edited:
June 1: Cincinatti Reds (W)
June 2: NY Mets (L)
June 3: Philadelphia Phillies (W)
June 4: Washington Nationals (W)
June 5: New York Yankees (W)
June 6: Detroit Tigers (W)
June 7: Kansas City Royals (W)
June 8: Texas Rangers (L)
June 9: Pittsburgh Pirates (L)

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest - like the new concept.

June 1 - LA Angels - *STRIKE 1*
June 2 - NY Mets - *STRIKE 2*
June 3 - Cincinnati Reds
June 4 - Baltimore Orioles
June 5 - LA Dodgers
June 6 - Washington Nationals

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest.

June 1 - Cubs STRIKE
June 2 - Mets STRIKE
June 3 - Pirates

Thanks for the contest!
  • June 1st- Twins Win
  • June 2nd Red Sox Win
  • June 3-Phils Win
  • June 4- St. Louis Strike one! losted in extra innings
  • June 5- BalitmoreStrike two
  • June 6-Ny Yankees
Win
  • June 7- Texas RangersStrike three and out!
  • June 8- Chicago Cubs
Best regards, David

Last edited:
June 1: Texas LOSS
June 2: Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim or whatever their official name is... how about Pujol's team:) LOSS
June 3: Philadelphia

Last edited:
Thanks again!

June 1: Twins W
June 2: Mets L
June 3: Oakland W
June 4: Seattle W
June 5: Reds L
June 6: Cards W
June 7: Mets - Postponed
June 8: Texas L but they tried to get a W

Last edited:
Thanks for a great contest.

June 1st Cleveland Indians W
June 2nd New York Mets L
June 3rd Cincinnati Reds W
June 4th Washington Nationals W
June 5th San Francisco L
June 6th Detroit Tigers W
June 7th New York Mets L
June 8th Texas Rangers L
June 9th Pittsburgh Pirates

The Mets got rained out today. So is that my 3rd strike or can I pick Tampa Bay Rays?

Thanks Stanley

I am out of here. Thanks for a great contest. Will be back next month.

Last edited:
Jun 1: St Louis (game 2 of DH) ... W
Jun 2: NY Mets ........................ L1
Jun 3: LA Angels ...................... L2
Jun 4: NY Yankees ................... W
Jun 5: Cincinnati ...................... L3

Last edited:
Jun 1-LA Angels-L
Jun 2-Texas Rangers-W
Jun 3-St Louis Cardinals-W
Jun 4-Atlanta Braves-W
Jun 5-Los Angeles Dodgers-L
Jun 6-Baltimore Orioles-W
Jun 7-Deroit Tigers-W
Jun 8-Boston Red Sox-W
Jun 9-Colorado Rockies-W

Thanks

Benny

Last edited:
I'll start with 2 strikes. This will remind me to check earlier next month.

6/3 Cleveland
6/4 Cincinnati.

Thanks for the contest.

David

Hi All
Three games in the book and three players have struck themselves out...baseball24, jasket and cincikid got one play...Only The Contest Master, David K, has been throwing himself homerun balls...Keep getting the picks in a day early please.
Thanks Bob

Just out of curiousity...anyone have any boxes of Prizm Baseball for sale or trade.

Hi Game Four is in the books and...what makes baseball the best game ever, four different teams that were this weeks picks...all came back and won in their last at bats. The Nats won their first game this year in their last at bat by scoring two in the Ninth...Mayberry Jr hit a grand salami in the bottom of the 11th for the Phillies, Pujols saved Mike Sciosia for the moment by hitting a two run homer in the bottom of the eighth, and, finally, Andrelton Simmons double the Braves to victory in the 10th. Only David K took a strike yesterday, while playing. Jasket struck out by not playing.
Doesn't look good for some of the picks tonight, as the Giants were shut out by Dickey, and the Rocks are up by five over the Reds.
Good luck to all reminding, players and anyone who can find me Gyorko autos.
Thanks Bob

Banked on Kershaw last night and went broke. Proving that you can format this contest any way you want - I CAN'T prognosticate very well!

Five Games in the books and a bad night for the favorites...Only those picking the Yankees didn't get a strike in game 5...and those not returning are...Katester44, bigpapiortiz
and chief wahoo
If the Yankees hold on to their 6-1 lead, no one gets a strike for day 6