Weird Mattingly GU Pull - What is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaddie84

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
mattingly001.jpg

I pulled this yesterday out of a sealed box of 05 Donruss Champions. It is card #419 /125. It doesn't look like a jersey or pants. The material is somewhat coarse. Any ideas?

Looks like it could be from the inside of a baseball hat to me. Not 100% sure, though.

The back of the card reads: "The enclosed piece of material was cut from an Authentic Item personally word/used by Don Mattingly in an official Major League Baseball game."

It would be possible with that description.

The only game used Mattingly has in that set is a batting glove.

I quickly looked on Beckett.com and it looks like Mattingly had GU batting gloves and GU Hat on that set. Interestingly enough, Mattingly had a third type of GU on the set: "GU Material" ???

I quickly looked on Beckett.com and it looks like Mattingly had GU batting gloves and GU Hat on that set. Interestingly enough, Mattingly had a third type of GU on the set: "GU Material" ???

Thanks for checking.

Probably the elastic from a jock strap. When I first pulled it, I was excited and was thinking of a worn laundry tag or something equally rare, but it's likely not the case.

Is card #419 listed as the "GU Material"?

The Material is a bat and #/1200 and the hat is a 1/1.